Scottish River Pearls

Eric Emms

Does the forum consider that there is a demand by collectors for Scottish river pearls?
Regards
Eric
------------------------------------
Eric Emms,
Professional Gemmologist and Gem Educator,
Eric C. Emms FGA DGA Limited
34 Ely Place,
Suite H, 4th Floor,
LONDON EC1N 6TD, UK.
07973 725 266 (+44 79 73 72 52 66)
www.ericemms.com.

See our website for our 2010 short practical gem courses and seminars dates.

Hi - in what context - since none have been extracted for years according to the only two licensed sellers? And they are heavily protected by law
or do you mean antique?
or are you starting a farm?

I was just reading your posts on the Gem-A list, and here you are! ;) It's hard to tell how big a demand there is for Scottish river pearls as there are so few available. Do you mean potential demand? The demand would be for naturals. I can't see a farm there being capable of making a profit.

Cheers,
Blaire

Your question sounds fine to me, having a conch, a horse conch, a melo melo, a quahog (could names those in latin ;), but...) and I have always been interested in having a scottish river pearl.
Could you show us some pictures, and tell us more about your questions ?

Hi Eric
Welcome!

There would be a huge demand for any legal natural Scottish freshwater pearls among the natural collectors on this forum. The reason there is no demand is because there aren't any for sale, that we have seen..

Even if you just put up pictures of ones from museums, they would be very illuminating for members here. If you have access to any, please post pix. We are starving for info on these special lovelies.

Back