Samuel Bonanno/Rare Pearls Kauai

I haven't. They could be a new vendor.
They don't really seem to have an eStore, selling via eBay (unsure) but the Instagram account is followed by Justin & LeeAnne Hunter and David Mao! And we all know Justin & LeeAnne...and David was my point of contact for pearl farming equipment, so it seems kosher to me.
Web capture_21-7-2023_74957_www.instagram.com.jpeg

I haven't. They could be a new vendor.
They don't really seem to have an eStore, selling via eBay (unsure) but the Instagram account is followed by Justin & LeeAnne Hunter and David Mao! And we all know Justin & LeeAnne...and David was my point of contact for pearl farming equipment, so it seems kosher to me.
View attachment 465326
Thanks Douglas. Can't be too sure about anyone these days. Especially if one is potentially planning a large purchase...

If in doubt, I always find something to ask about to see if I get a reply, how quickly, if the answer looks right. Like, will they send you additonal photos if you ask for it? Can they show you the strand worn? I'd also make sure my money could be returned if I am scammed. Never ever accept a bank transfer as payment. And be aware of what happened to a poster here recently who didn't get the reference number in time and the package was lost. Also, what is their return policy? And you could try to contact the legit names that this profile follows to see if they know of them.

It looks like they have a brick and mortar location in Hawaii and they specialize in Ukuleles (I love the Ukulele, by the way). Their online reviews are very good, so they look legitimate to me.

If in doubt, I always find something to ask about to see if I get a reply, how quickly, if the answer looks right. Like, will they send you additonal photos if you ask for it? Can they show you the strand worn? I'd also make sure my money could be returned if I am scammed. Never ever accept a bank transfer as payment. And be aware of what happened to a poster here recently who didn't get the reference number in time and the package was lost. Also, what is their return policy? And you could try to contact the legit names that this profile follows to see if they know of them.

This is excellent advice. If they won't send you additional photos as you request, steer clear. This means they don't have the pearls in their possession, and what you see in pictures will likely be different from what you receive - drop-shipped from someone else. Everyone has a camera phone these days, and legitimate dealers will take as many photos in as many different ways as you request.

If you pay via credit card, you have protections afforded to you by the bank, whereas a bank transfer is impossible to recover.

Back