Roskin's souffl

Valeria101

Hollow pearls by design described by Gary Roskin along with a theory of how they came to be:

http://www.roskingemnews.com/Master_Page/Pearls.aspx

French pastry & all, the story reminds me of other hollows - those called here and nowhere else, 'gas pearls'...

Perhaps Roskin & all were spared a first hand sniff to be talking pastry instead of nam pla?

Interesting article, Valeria- thank you so much for posting this series of articles, what a great find!! :cool:

I've been trying to follow the Galatea project for awhile now as I think his gemstone nucleation experiments are incredibly interesting, but what most caught my eye is the SSEF article at the bottom describing beadless cultured South Sea pearls :eek:

The color, luster and size of South Sea pearls, combined with the durability of solid-nacre Freshwaters... If these experiments start producing in any kind of volume, prepare to have your world rocked! I can't wait!!! :D

what most caught my eye is the SSEF article at the bottom describing beadless cultured South Sea pearls :eek:

The color, luster and size of South Sea pearls, combined with the durability of solid-nacre Freshwaters... If these experiments start producing in any kind of volume, prepare to have your world rocked! I can't wait!!! :D
The motivation for producing these pearls is criminal, i.e. with the objective of Natural certification and pricing. Once the labs are confident in ID and certification is no longer a reasonable assumption on the part of the perpetrators, it will remain to be seen if sufficiently high prices can be obtained for them to continue legitimately. One would expect to pay a higher price than for beaded pearls, for sure.

Also: Check out the new keshi-nucleated pearls coming out of the Molluccas. Nothing sinister there!

Well I definitely understood that part lol!

The old adage of "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." comes to mind.:rolleyes: The recent Chinese Andesine scandal that the ISG spent over a year investigating, along with the flood of "Paraiba" Tourmaline into the gem markets at ridiculous prices are some of the most recent examples of these kinds of advances in treatment technologies- whenever a previously "rare" gem of any kind is all of a sudden available in copious amounts at crazy good prices, you can bet something's up!

That said, while these latest developments will undoubtedly cause some waves within the jewelry industry re: disclosure and reports, it is a remarkable achievement, and IMHO is more than welcome news... Solid nacre South Sea pearls!!!! :eek: Who wouldn't want a shot at those?

Will check out the keshi nucs for sure,thanks!

Back