Richelieu Cultured Pearls

Sabres

Hello,

Mother left behind "Richelieu Cultured Pearls" in original box with authenticity. How/where do I find what value is wort? Registry Certificate states "every pearl necklace is guaranteed to be an Oriental pearl, cultivated. 17" long

Thanks

My mind raced back to my childhood and the 3 Musketeers fighting the evil schemes of Cardinal Richelieu!

I have never heard of this brand before. Would you share photos with us @Sabres ???

The only Richelieu pearls I've seen are imitations, but it seems they also had a genuine cultured akoya line at one time. There are vintage advertisements listed on eBay for such, and even one graduated cultured necklace + screw-back earrings set listed for $54 plus shipping. I recommend you save that listing in your watch list and see if it sells.

Here's the thing: Pre-owned pearls, especially older ones, do not tend to sell for a lot of money, unless they are historic or a high end brand (in particular Mikimoto). Often they need to be restrung and people factor that cost into what they are willing to pay. Older pearls are often grimy or yellowed, or have lost some luster due to exposure to environmental pollutants, cosmetics, hair sprays, perfumes, etc. If your pearls are in great shape, of good quality with high luster and few blemishes, not needing restringing and not yellowed, you may do better.

Richelieu pearls were imitation pearls. I have a double strand from my grandmother. I'm not aware of Richelieu ever using real cultured pearls in their jewelry.

Can you post photos of the pearls and closeups of the pearls and closeups of the clasp (front and back)?

Richelieu cultured pearls are a brand of pearls that are produced by the Richelieu Pearls Company. The company has been in business for more than a century and is known for producing high-quality pearls. Richelieu pearls are known for their high luster, and are produced using the traditional method of pearl cultivation, which involves the insertion of a small bead into the pearl oyster. The pearls are then left to grow for several months before they are harvested.

Richelieu pearls are available in a wide variety of colors, including white, pink, golden, and black, and come in different sizes and shapes. They can be found in a variety of jewelry forms such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. They are considered as a high-end product, and are known for their quality and luxury.

Richelieu cultured pearls are a brand of pearls that are produced by the Richelieu Pearls Company. The company has been in business for more than a century and is known for producing high-quality pearls. Richelieu pearls are known for their high luster, and are produced using the traditional method of pearl cultivation, which involves the insertion of a small bead into the pearl oyster. The pearls are then left to grow for several months before they are harvested.

Richelieu pearls are available in a wide variety of colors, including white, pink, golden, and black, and come in different sizes and shapes. They can be found in a variety of jewelry forms such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. They are considered as a high-end product, and are known for their quality and luxury.
What type/breed of pearl?

Back