Question about Freshadama / Gem Grade Pearl Earrings

Mermaid

I just purchased this pair of Gem Grade 7-8mm pearl stud earrings on the Christmas Sale from a reputable vendor. I, however have a question: I noticed a natural blemish on one of the earrings. Is this normal for a gem grade/freshadama entry level simple studs? I haven't contacted the vendor yet as i just received it in the mail and wanted to check here first. Thank you for any suggestions and feedback.
pearl 3.jpg
pearl 1.jpg
pearl 2.jpg

Bit hard to see the flaw from your photo...the trail of spots ? I don't know if that's from lights or not. But for me if something is sold as Gem grade I would assume they should be perfect. The hard fact is that sellers can call the grades whatever they want. So one persons AAA might be someone else's AA + and someone else's Gem grade or even AAAA . It can be quite frustrating. You just have to learn what various sellers mean by their classification. Take a look at Pearl Paradise and see what their top earrings look like, they always seem to be perfect.
Sounds like if a flaw is visible to you then it's probably going to bother you.

I really cannot see the blemish in the photo, but if you noticed something that bothers you and you purchased from a reputable vendor - why not ask them to exchange this pair for another one pointing out your particular concern? I'm sure they will be glad to satisfy your request :)

Yes, it is the spots. it has two. My cellphone has a crappy camera. I know those are created naturally but I was still wondering. I just wanted to make sure I am not being stupid or overtly fastidious, especially as this was purchased from one of the recommended vendors from here. Sent them an email and waiting response.

Back