PP's December Tahitian Baroque Sale

Hanaleimom

Jeremy just put up another special on the front page. There are about 20 strands of Tahitian baroque on sale right now, from $275 to $500. They are so pretty. But I can't buy anymore.

Jeremy just put up another special on the front page. There are about 20 strands of Tahitian baroque on sale right now, from $275 to $500. They are so pretty. But I can't buy anymore.

Yeah right :p

I checked them out, however, they are too heavily ringed and drop-shaped for me liking :(

DK :)

Well, to each his/her own. Some aren't that ringed. They are gorgeous. By the way, I was at the Saks Fifth outlet this weekend. They have strands of Majorica SS (large, about 13-14mm) for approx. $745 and up. And this is outlet price, LOL. They look really artificial.

Last edited:
I checked them out, however, they are too heavily ringed and drop-shaped for me liking :(

Ooo, I did not see the ones in the Dec 08 special page!!!

I may be tempted afterall :rolleyes: :D

Ooo, I did not see the ones in the Dec 08 special page!!!

I may be tempted afterall :rolleyes: :D

Hmm... Who's shopping now? :D

Go for strand 343. Less rings and great colors. Or 348, very intense peacock and less rings.

Last edited:
Too late, the one I like had gone, nevermind :(

I shall make a concerted effort to save up for a nice round Tahitian strand instead :)

Go for strand 343. Less rings and great colors. Or 348, very intense peacock and less rings.

:p

I was eyeing Strand 342, and it's the first to be sold, bum! :(

342 is very nice. It was gone when I saw the site. That's one of the best ones.

Where callire? She'll kick herself if she does not bag one of the strands herself!

I think I can definitely say that reading this board has officially affected my choices. Had I not been reading so much here (I think I've read probably about 1/3 of the board by now? ... not exagerrating), I probably would go find hubby in the computer room and place an order. I don't think I will though. And it's not because of the economy per se, nor because they're 'baroque'. (God knows I'm counting the days til Christmas when I can finally 'have' the Vietnamese baroque necklace and bracelet we got from pearloutlet. Come on 25th, move faster.) I think the main reason is because now I'm thinking when it comes to tahitians, suddenly I want to save up for a really good keshi strand. Twelfth anniversary is coming in about a year, and pearls are supposedly the 'correct' gift. I think I can parlay that into some really killer keshis.

But yeah, I can honestly say that reading here has clearly affected a decision. 'Broadening my horizons', I guess is how you'd classify it.

Last edited:
Sounds like you want keshi because it's 100% nacre? Good choice. You missed the PP monthly special a few months ago. Mind you they were small keshi, but they were very pretty. The larger keshi strands are more costly. But go for it if you have the budget.

I agree with you. I have certainly broadened my horizons too, especially since I've frequented this site daily, as compared to a few years ago. LOL.

OK, resistance is futile, and Strand 361 is mine! :D

DK :D

And no nudging from me either, Dkan.

Eh, nope! :eek:

At these prices, I would kick myself for not bagging a strand, and 361 is a biggie! :D

DK :D

>Sounds like you want keshi because it's 100% nacre? Good choice.

Yeah, I think so, actually. 'Off-spherical' doesn't bother me ... I did get to see the Vietnamese bracelet when it arrived, and I really liked the baroque shape. More to the point though, it was the orient ... the thin film effect ... my God, I loved that, and I understand that's because the nacre is thicker than on most other akoyas. And I now understand the effect can be magnified still further in keshis. So yeah, I guess it is the issue of the nacre.

>You missed the PP monthly special a few months ago. Mind you they were small keshi, but they were very pretty.

I did read about it, and I could be wrong but my impression was that there were some still listed on that site.

>But go for it if you have the budget.

For tenth anniversary, some months back, I was originally going to have a really good three-stone ruby ring made. My engagement ring is a really nice ruby flanked by sapphires, and I'd been planning that follow-up three-stone ring for years and years. Then things got so busy around time of anniversary, with our little one getting ready to start school and then becoming heavily involved in kung fu ... it was just so busy, I never got my killer ruby ring. Suddenly though, I don't think I really want it anymore. 12fth anniversary ... killer keshis ... mark my words. ;)

Last edited:
TPO just put up a new page full of Tahitian baroques; I can't stare at the necklace I bought any longer. :rolleyes:

And I just ordered 348! Kirsten said that 3 strands sold just while we were talking. So if you are even thinking about one of the Tahitians - you better act quickly!

Donna

Arghh. Those Shepherd brothers. I have to move away from the computer now.

Last edited:

Hmmmm - we obviously have compatible tastes - that's the two I got! :D

One NEVER has too many pearls.....

I've been wanting to make a multi-strand necklace and bracelet - these two strands along with the pearls I brought home from Kamoka just might fit the bill. Good thing I have a long neck and arms!

Sheri

Back