PP Oct GSSP sale

Time for a noob question - after all this time... I ended up buying one of the sale strands, 22k color. It arrived today and what puzzles me is it is much lighter than my 22k gold ring and lighter as well than the 14k clasp it comes with. No remorse. I am just wondering what I misunderstood.

I tried to take a picture but it came out darker so the difference in the gold colors hardly could be seen.

- Karin

Is there actually supposed to be a 1:1 correspondence between the color of the pearl and actual gold? (My GSS strand from Cees didn't come with that sort of karat description so I don't know what it would be considered.)

I remember seeing the picture here of '24k' in a 24k gold bowl and they had the same color. So I guess I assumed they would correspond. Could be that it is more a grading, indicating how dark the gold is in comparison to other strands.

They are still wonderful - just know it will bug me not to know.

- Karin

But do you like the color against your skin?
If so, then all is well-- but if you wanted a darker gold strand, then maybe you'll want to send it back and buy a 24K strand.

I also tend to think that since there are just 4 broad categories (14K, 18K, 22K, 24K) but pearl color actually exists along a continuous spectrum, it's matter of judgment on the part of the vendor as to which category to assign any given strand to. I imagine there are lighter and darker strands in each category.

Oh, there is no choice of returning - not from across the Atlantic with VAT and duty :) And I am fine with keeping it. Just wondered...

- Karin

Not sure how I missed this! I lack the knack for layering and usually just wear one necklace at a time but wow, this combo is especially stunning!

a.jpg

Weird I missed the photo too. The layering is beautiful. Are the smaller ones gold keshi or akoya?

I love that photo with the golden pearls and the turquoise -- I can do that!

Back