Please take a look at this picture. Need HELP!

I decided to include her in the process of picking out the pearls/size/quality. i thought it might be the easiest way. I'm somewhat bummed out as the pearls won't really be any surprise when she receives them...

Surprise her with love notes and flowers on her pillow. Communicating on decisions, both large and small, is great insurance for a successful marriage! Congratulations :)

She will still be very excited when you tell about your gift.:D
When my DH (Darling Husband) decided last Christmas to give me pearls, he had the same predicament. He gave me a lovely note on the Christmas tree. We have spent this year learning about pearls. It has been great fun for us to grow closer together while playing with the project.

The element of Surprise can be highly overrated. I think you're taking the smartest path, by far!!! (Applause!) Sharing the selection may be a lot more rewarding.

Great choice! Plus this way you know she will truly love them and wear them!

I think you are wise to include her when shopping for something she will wear for years to come and I agree that surprises are overrated.
My husband knows I prefer to participate in all jewelry selection!

You are a smart man. By including her in the decision-making, you have avoided possible upset in the future. I would say if she is torn between two sizes, advise her to pick the larger. As others have said, generally, women like larger pearls as they age. I have some from my younger years that I simply don't wear any more because they feel too small to me now.

Keep us posted and best of luck!

Very smart move to include your bride-to-be in the decision making process. I always think that it's best not to surprise anyone with jewelry..unless of course it's a 2+carat diamond in which case anyone can feel free to surprise me with that.. :)

Could give her the necklace and earrings and surprise her with the bracelet on the Big Day..

I am new to the forum and for the most part, pearls, however the Hanadama Akoyas have a thick nacker, and as I understand it, wear well!

Back