Please help identify the age of vintage Mikimoto pearls!

roflwafl

Hello,

I recently bought this set of vintage Mikimoto pearls and I'm not sure of their vintage (and to be honest their authenticity) based on the clasp. I would greatly appreciate any insight into the vintage of the pearls and clasp,

Thank you!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 71
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 64
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 72
  • Vintage ring I
    Vintage ring I
    64.7 KB · Views: 75
  • s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 56
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 66
Looks like a current Mikimoto strand. The pearls are all the same size and have good surface texture. The clasp is one they've been using for a couple of decades.

Thanks for reviewing! My concern is that the back of the clasp does not look like any of the common Mikimoto clasps I've seen or found online. It looks like it's missing the center bar. The signature is also larger than I expected and missing the 750.

Additional higher resolution pics of the necklace:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

Would you say my concerns are valid or are these variances in the clasp typical of Mikimoto across the years? Has anyone seen a similar clasp before?

Thanks!

I see what you mean. Why don't you contact Mikimoto and ask them? They would be the best to evaluate your strand anyway.

I have seen fake Mikimoto clasps before but I can't tell you specifics on what made them fake other than they were being sold by a seller in China and he did not list them as Mikimoto, although it was very obvious what he was doing.

I have seen fake Mikimoto clasps before but I can't tell you specifics on what made them fake other than they were being sold by a seller in China and he did not list them as Mikimoto, although it was very obvious what he was doing.
is the seller still selling? I'd like to know what makes it fake so if you have any info it would be much appreciated!

Back