Photos from the Ruckus 2016

Justin Hunter sent Jeremy a box of Fiji shells.

20160731_132331.jpg

Pipi and oyster natural strands are available for sale.20160731_110244.jpg

Thanks for the lovely comments and I hope you enjoyed the photos so far. My phone is about to die, so more photos from me will need to wait. I hope others will begin posting soon, but many of us are traveling just now. Bye!

The natural oyster strands, were any blue-ish in color, similar to P. sterna?

The oyster strands were mostly brown and the pearls were so very tiny. I pulled the hank out of the plastic bag on Friday, and the table was littered with bits of broken pearls. Hisano scooped them up and saved them. So, if you see a future geode filled with oyster pearl bits, you'll know why.

Red, thank you so very much for giving everyone a pictorial story of the ruckus. :) I am looking forward to seeing more photos once our travelers get home.

It was great fun to meet new friends and enjoy the reunion. I appreciate the help I received in "re-homing" some of my personal pearls. No one could appreciate rare pearls more than PG people.

Best of all, I received a beautiful gift in token of my behind the scenes work on PG--a Justin Hunter Fiji pearl from Pearl Paradise. I LOVE it! Thank you!

20160731_184016(0)[1].jpg

I took this photo at dusk and it does look like a sunset pearl--a Fiji sunset!

Last edited:
The Fiji pearls that are coming home with me. I'm thinking a three-pearl pendant and a bracelet charm with the one on the left.
View attachment 43678

Love those colours...that will make a gorgeous pendant - great intensity in those three ! And I love the shape and colour of the 'single' drop. Really looking forward to seeing these projects when completed !!

Looks so much fun! Enjoy everyone! Next year I should be able to join. :)

Thank you so much for posting all the photos! It put a big smile seeing beautiful people and pearls in one place! Since I didn't go, I don't know anyone, so I wish there was a way to tell who is who. Congrats on everyone who went and please share your new purchases!

Thank you Red! So sweet of you to think of those of us who can't go to the ruckus. It's so nice to get a glimpse of the fun you all had. Can't wait to see your beauties when they r ready too. Did you get anything else apart from the Fiji pearls?

I only managed to get a few snaps yesterday, at pp, whilst poring over the Fiji lovelies for something like four hours!

image.jpg. Some of the basic selection of pearls...each one a marvel of natural engineering!

image.jpgnarrowing down the selection by sorting for character and color (o! The colors!)

image.jpga uniquely Fijian tin cup? A bracelet? Perhaps a pair for earrings?

image.jpgcloser shot of that possible earring pair...

It was so wonderful to meet you, Julie, and I truly enjoyed our lunch yesterday. I think it's great that you are working to train your eye for your upcoming trip to Fiji.
I was comparing my new Fijian beauty to a Rikitian Tahitian that Jeremy selected for the Connoisseur Sale a couple of years ago. Newberry has taught me that the finest Tahitian pearl has pink, blue, and green overtones. I'm going to suggest that the finest Fijian pearl has those, plus yellow overtones.2016-08-01 13.05.13.jpg

Back