Pearls for a girl living in European Union

Excellent, InLoveWithPearls! Nice photos to work with, well done!

Are the pearls spoiled for you? What do you think about adding a form of bead cap? Or a custom bit of decorative metal? They're awfully pretty.

Last edited:
I never said there was anything wrong with doing it this way - just that the price should reflect the small amount of time, effort and materials involved. I make and use such hooks myself. But I would not use such a finding where the drill hole had some stratification

Oh yes they _are_ awfully pretty! For a few days I had the world's biggest smile on my lips. And I have waited so long that I'm not really keen on waiting even longer. I don't know what to do. I guess that if had see this in the store and possible negotiated a lower price, or something, I wouldn't be as angry. But now I feel cheated. The whole point of buying the more expensive pearls in Stockholm (as opposed from ordering online) was to be on the safe side. But you are so right regarding the no-pearl-knowledge-at-the-jewelery-story: yours truly had more knowledge on pearls than the lady which sold them to me... tragic but true.

I paid almost 200 euros for them.

Yes, you are right, the model is very simple. I tried at great number of models, but decided this one suited me best. I like to keep it simple. I also liked a model very similiar to the one the thread started with (with a small diamond) but there is no point in buing that combination, I feel, unless you have the money to spend on a high quality diamond as well. (Which I don't.) So, I would prefer "only a pearl" solution, with no beads added.

Will keep you posted on further develpment! It's very nice to talk to other pearl people. Not everyone understands my obsession...

Yes, it was! Especially since I could probably have got a pair of flawless pearls for 70 % of that, if I had bought them online! :(

diamonds dont need to be expensive i think two 0,05 carat stones above a pearl is fine and if you take those in the quality you have shown in the beginning of the treat you be pay around 380 for a model like that with pearls like this

still the most important thing whatever you pay for something is that you where them :)

most wholesale company s in europe have no idea about quality so you cant expect for the jewellers to have this knowledge then, i did 3 jewellery school in 3 country s and i had one day about pearls in those 6 years :) only after i found some natural pearls and started to read about pearls and travel i found out how they work and how to look :)

200 euro is a little high priced for freshies :) the good thing now is that you have them you also now how to look at pearls when you buy something next time

and in live that will save you more then 200 :)

im lucky that i found out about pearl quite early (i am 24) so in the rest of my live in jewellery i am sure i will be able to do more amazing pearl deals than other dutch jewellers that don't have much knowledge

One of the things on my Bucket List to attend a PG Ruckus, as I would love to meet the experts and learn from them!

Need to save up for some goodies while I am at PP though.

DK :)

I love the concept, but there really needs to be a ever so slight transition. Even a very tiny rim or edge, 1-mm or less around the wire at the pearls would fix the flaw and just look a tiny bit more finished.

Ok, but at this point, I'm thinking she's a pearl lover, not an artisan or jeweler (yet!). For that amount of money, why should she have to accommodate the pearls?
They ARE lovely, but she could find other lovelies, undamaged.

I vote "Return Them". Then, start again. Good luck, and buy something you'll love, not resent. I hope you keep us posted!

Back