pearls and gems (pic thread)

These are keshis with cognac colored sapphires. Really nice autumn colors, and the pearls are so fluid looking.

Attachments

• kesh2.jpg
    kesh2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 44
  • kesneck.jpg
    kesneck.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 45
  • keshcu2.jpg
    keshcu2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 39
Finally CFWP with fluorites and citrines (the larger beads) and small round tourmaline spacers with matching earrings (I may redo the earrings, they swing too much and feel heavy). This is a slightly longer necklace, about 20".

I like this very much, thanks for sharing! :)

Love the keishis, Waimeamomi!

Bluepawprint, thank you! That one is longer than most of my pearls but every now and then it comes in handy. Wore it to a wedding once.

OK, finally catching up on all the pearl and gem gazing. Such a talented bunch here! I am inspired to break the beading barrier.

Heidi,

Come on over to the dark side.. I Did and its alot of fun especially when we take over.. mwahhh Oh um I mean expand horizons te he...

cheers
Ash

Heidi,

Come on over to the dark side.. I Did and its alot of fun especially when we take over.. mwahhh Oh um I mean expand horizons te he...

cheers
Ash

Thanks for the encouragement Ash! I have a hybrid knitting/beading project I am working on now and am thinking of delving into a couple jewelery courses after the new year. I believe the slipping down that slope has already started...

Here are a couple of pendants both made in 2007.
The first one has a Kamoka Keishi pearl with a neon purple sapphire made in white and yellow gold

The second pendant is forged 14k gold with a freshwater baroque pearl and a pinky orange Montana sapphire.

DFrey

Attachments

• keishi and sapphire.JPG
    keishi and sapphire.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 33
  • baroque and sapphire.JPG
    baroque and sapphire.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 31
I love those, Dfrey, especially the second one. I keep thinking I want to learn how to do that as well, so I'm making as well as desiging. Maybe when I go part time with my day job (wishful thinking).

Thanks for the encouragement Ash! I have a hybrid knitting/beading project I am working on now and am thinking of delving into a couple jewelery courses after the new year. I believe the slipping down that slope has already started...

hang on it will be quite a ride.. LOL Knitting, and beading project how fun!

Defrey,

Lovely Pieces! Stunning!

cheers
Ash

Dfrey. I have got to find the time to start metalsmithing again. I did some silver and gold work many years ago but it lapsed. Beautiful work and fine craftsmanship, you and Marcus both

The more I look the more I am amazed!
I adore sunstone, from anywhere, and the keishi are gorgeous! Oh and I love that purple sapphire.
The freshwater baroque and pinky Montana sapphire reminds me of surfing in the sunrise.
Sometimes looking at pearls makes me feel young again.

I have no favorite. All of your work is terrific.

Oh, I love this thread!

Sueki, your pieces are just lovely! I love the moonstone necklace--very beautiful. The South Sea baroques with the green garnets is stunning! mmm garnets!

Pearl_dreams, I like your use of the tourmaline beads! Tourmalines are so diverse--I really like the necklace.

Satine--the charm bracelet is fantastic! I want one!

Well done Mervione! Love the colors!

Sheryl, I really love your pieces.

Wow everyone! Nice work!

Back