pearl stringing price

There is a beading store a few blocks away from us and I checked their website last year and saw that they offered stringing services. I called them b2b just to see if we could use them for same-day overflow. While we have three very capable stringers, we use a service in the city when we get busy. Even b2b their price was $3 per inch.

Going rates in China range from $0.50 to $1.50 per strand, with extra for long strands and blending.

I had two 18" strands restrung a few years ago at a local jewelry store. I don't recall the exact price, but it was by the inch. It couldn't have been too much or I wouldn't have done it.

I had a loose pearl that I sent to PP for drilling and setting. I think the drilling was less than $10, and I do recall I had to sign a waiver in case anything weird happened.

Hi I am WeLovePearls, and I am a designer in the montreal area. I am looking for people to string for me. Please message me if anyone knows of someone that can do this work.
Thank you all,

WeLovePearls

Cyens if you o0r anyone else reading this, are around in Montreal please contact me I am looking for people who string pearls.
Thank You
WeLovePearls

There is going to be a silent auction for my son's college mom's group. I was thinking of donating my skills as a pearl stringer and need some ideas. Do you think it will be a worthwhile donation that would interest some ladies? What do you think I should declare as the value and should I have limits on what type of pearls I will string? I've never strung anyone's pearls other than mine but I feel pretty confident I can do this. Are there any liabilities or things I need to consider before taking this on? Thanks!

amti, that's a great idea for a silent auction! Pearl stringing around here runs $1-$2 per pearl. Potential liability concerns are damage or loss to the pearls, clasp, and any other components...but I'd say that's pretty unlikely. As far as limits go, that's really up to you. If someone comes in with a very complicated 5 strand necklace are you comfortable enough in your skill set? Or you could just limit it to one single strand of pearls. Another thought...how about a lesson on how to restring your own pearls? Maybe take a group of 5 or 6 people and teach them how to do their own!

Good points. I"m not comfortable teaching a class since there are a few different knotting methods and I play around with the strand until I find a good one, but usually it is the regular knot, unless I'm doing some large holed pearls. I can do five strands, but I'd rather not. ;) Would it be too much to limit it to one or two strand pearl necklaces only and no longer than 36" with a minimum pearl size of 5mm? I'm not worried about losing any pearls and I don't think anyone has pearls that nice (at least I haven't seen any), so I'm a bit worried no one would be interested. I'll call around town tomorrow and see what pearl stringing prices are in case I'm asked for a value. Thank you!

That's sort of what I wonder too. I'll email the person in charge and ask her. I'm just going to offer to string one strand for the silent auction. I'm not going to do it on the spot so I won't have to wait around all day. I feel most people have a strand but don't think to restring them or don't know what to do with the strand when it gets older, so maybe this might encourage someone who has thought about it to restring, and also send a few dollars towards the nonprofit.

Back