Paying for jewellery setting using paypal

The contract has to be formed under the law of an EU member state..so where is the linen company?
(yes Pattye, we certainly are. For example, if a plane which starts or ends its journey in the EU then EU citizens can claim compensation for delays. It has eliminated those days of sleeping at the airport as airlines treat passengers badly)(and we're leaving...don't get me started)

Wendy is correct. Passengers get compensation when their plane is delayed in EU. We had an experience that our plane was delayed for more than 6 hours because of technical problems. We got the maximum compensation but we did have to fight for it!

While Pearlescence is correct in the fact that these laws do exist. Not all online sellers abide by them. If you get an unscrupulous seller and you have not used either paypal, credit card or something with good buyer protection like these, then getting your money back can be difficult. You may even have to take it to civil court. Whilst you would obviously, due to the laws, win your case, it's a lot of drama that could have been avoided.

Better to avoid the suspect ones. I find checking for that land address is usually a big give away. Plus paypal only instead of card (paypal can be set up in minutes, if you want a merchant card handling account you have to go through a massive investigative process). Plus, of course, anyone selling any precious metals in the UK should be complying with the requirements of the Hallmarking Acts

I'm sorry, I tend to disagree.
PayPal using goods covers not just the buyer but the seller too.
I have been using PayPal for over 10 years & it has saved me being ripped off on both sides of the coin.
Bank transfer & all merchant cards are vulnerable to online fraud but PayPal is the only one that covers you as a seller no matter how large or small the amount has been spent. Merchant cards only cover you for over £75 spent & that is down to their discretion.
PayPal are now offering their own credit card, card reader for businesses etc etc. I know plenty of people that use them, doesn't mean that they are any less credible than the major banks or cards!
Nothing much will change after March 2019, in fact, looking at it now, my imports from the US & beyond will probably have lower customs charges, if at all, thanks to being able to have trade deals of our own with the rest of the world & at least we won't be at the back of the queue like we were told during the referendum! :)

Back