Oooops

Lady_Disdain

I accidentally nicked this pearl while tightening the collar that holds it. I guess that means I get to keep it. Ah, conflicting incentive structures.

Flameball Pendant 4.jpg
Flameball pendant.jpg

Cool pearl and great design! (poor you, having to keep it :) )

That pearl reminds me of a boot! Never seen one quite like that. Pearls are so cool.

When you say "nicked" you mean the British "burgled" or the America "put a dent in it?" Or both?

And it's really cool looking, either way.

If I absolutely cannot tell in the close up photo, then I doubt the average person will see it in real life.

I love that!! It looks like a little satin drawstring purse with treasures inside.

Darn, I guess you'll just have to keep it ;)

If it were the rim of a china cup or a glass it would be 'snipped' in an auction catalogue. So annoying when it happens but you get to do some thorough testing of the durability and wearability of the design, so that's okay. nice setting - unusual. not seen them mounted like that before. good idea
Maybe set some sparkly stones along the snip and maybe on a bit of the metal to hide it?

I love that!! It looks like a little satin drawstring purse with treasures inside.

Darn, I guess you'll just have to keep it ;)

That is exactly what I pictured too when I saw her pearl! Bummer on the nick... it isn't noticeable though. I wouldn't have known if you didn't point it out.

That's gorgeous, LD. I'd say nicking it was fortuitous :)

Great pearl and your setting only make the pearl better. Perfection! Happy that you get to keep it.

Back