Newbie With A Beautiful Strand Requesting Feedback

I'm posting this to show you how to multi-quote. First you click on the little solitary quotation marks icon in the lower right of each post that you want to quote. It will then display a check mark (or "tick" mark, as some call it). Then also click on "reply with quote" for the final quote that you want to reply to.

...I though I could reply to each one individually when I selected "reply" inside each component.

Here I demonstrate that you can also quote only part of what a person posted. Just delete what you don't want to quote.

And that reminds me of an old elephant joke from my childhood.
Q: How do you carve an elephant out of marble?
A: Get a block of marble, and just carve away everything that doesn't look like elephant.

When quoting, you can "carve away" everything you don't want to quote. Use an ellipsis (...) to show you omitted words.

How incredibly exciting to learn this! Is there a consensus in this community regarding which lab is best within the US?

This is just to show you can reply to each quote individually.

For testing, recommend the GIA labs, which are located in NY and Carlsbad CA. They will give you info on how to ship safely.....

I agree with Pattye. End of demo. :)

I'm posting this to show you how to multi-quote. First you click on the little solitary quotation marks icon in the lower right of each post that you want to quote. It will then display a check mark (or "tick" mark, as some call it). Then also click on "reply with quote" for the final quote that you want to reply to.

Here I demonstrate that you can also quote only part of what a person posted. Just delete what you don't want to quote.

And that reminds me of an old elephant joke from my childhood.
Q: How do you carve an elephant out of marble?
A: Get a block of marble, and just carve away everything that doesn't look like elephant.

When quoting, you can "carve away" everything you don't want to quote. Use an ellipsis (...) to show you omitted words.

This is just to show you can reply to each quote individually.

I agree with Pattye. End of demo. :)

Thank you for taking the time to share a tutorial! Very kind. Loved the quote. :D

This is very exciting!!! Did they say how long it would take?

I'm very curious to see what the GIA lab says. It would be amazing if this thrift store find were rare naturals.

Oh, I am so glad you sent them off to be tested. Are you going to answer here on this thread or make a new one when you get the answer?

If it turns out to be naturals, you can post here if you like, and I'll move the thread to the Natural Pearls forum.

People don't know the pearls, and I'm sure somebody's children cleared out grandmas jewelry and nobody wanted those old pearls. I need to start hunting through thrift stores, too. Several people on this forum have snagged amazingly great pearls that way.

I'm curious, how are people able to guess natural from cultured via photos? That's one skill that's always baffled me.

Back