New Tahitian Strand

Gemandpearlover

Here is my new strand of Tahitians that I strung the other day when I was able to get a break from the boys. Drones, Nerf guns, football........... :) I thought these pearls looked best on a youthful neck and my model actually stayed still for 20 seconds. The pearls are 11-13.

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

Beautiful strand Gemandpearllover, where did you buy it from?

Beautiful strand Gemandpearllover, where did you buy it from?

Thank you Charlotta. I bought each pearl from Wen on Etsy. I have found that if you purchase her highest quality single pearls you can make a nice strand. I actually bought a test pearl to smash to see if the nacre was thin but it seemed to be fine so I felt pretty comfortable buying the rest. I strung it on Beader's secret thread.

After I posted this I received my 9-10mm strand that Wen strung for me. :)

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

I have seen those pearls but didn't know if they were good. The 9-10mm strand is beautiful to.

Marvelous necklaces! I think I'll follow your example and have a look at Wen's pearls! ;)

Thank you Charlotta, Bweaves, Pearldreams, Marianne, Katbran, 86Corvettegirl, Cricketbug and Alyend. :)

Thank you Pattye. I am so excited for you to have your granddaughter closer and hope you get to spend a lot more time with her. :)

Gemandpearllover, both those strands look beautiful with excellent surface, color and luster. Are they really that good? Did you buy them off those cards with individual pearls in each little circle? I have not had great luck with Wenpearls and wonder what I am doing wrong? I started out with A/AA qaulity as a test purchase and received pearls barely covered with nacre. Then I stepped up my quality to AAA+ buying freshwater baroques and ovals. None of the colors looked nearly as intense in real life as the photos and most of the very large baroques had "fish bites" which pretty much rendered them unusable for my standards. (Iless than half the strand). I contacted her, sent her photos of the pearls and she sent me another strand but it was only a little better in my opinion. Your pearls appear from your photos to be very good quality. What should I do differently when ordering? Thanks for yours or anyone's input about this.

Gemandpearllover, both those strands look beautiful with excellent surface, color and luster. Are they really that good? Did you buy them off those cards with individual pearls in each little circle? I have not had great luck with Wenpearls and wonder what I am doing wrong? I started out with A/AA qaulity as a test purchase and received pearls barely covered with nacre. Then I stepped up my quality to AAA+ buying freshwater baroques and ovals. None of the colors looked nearly as intense in real life as the photos and most of the very large baroques had "fish bites" which pretty much rendered them unusable for my standards. (Iless than half the strand). I contacted her, sent her photos of the pearls and she sent me another strand but it was only a little better in my opinion. Your pearls appear from your photos to be very good quality. What should I do differently when ordering? Thanks for yours or anyone's input about this.

Hi sobellejanet. The strands are very good and I bought the pearls off the cards. I think Wen gets in good pearls and not so good pearls. It's kind of hit and miss. Recently she had IMHO got in some very nice Tahitians. I bought some $40 individual Tahitians to add to an Akoya necklace and the pearls had no eye visible blemishes and the luster was so sharp. That is when I became interested in the other Tahitians she was selling recently.

I pay attention not only to her grading but the price. For example, she had groups of 11-12 AAA single Tahitians for sale that had two different prices. The highest price pearl are the ones I would be interested in for the majority of my planned necklace. Next, I save the pics on my computer and enlarge them to see the blemishes of all the pearls in that group- not just the pearls I like, and to try to gauge color and luster. I figure if I see other pearls with blemishes in that group, my pearls might have them too. I de-saturate the color at least 10% on my pics to see if I still like the colors, then I lighten, darken, and reduce contrast a bit to further speculate. For these necklaces and my South Sea necklace pearls I bought a test pearl for each to smash to determine nacre.

I have a large colored stone collection and when buying gems online even through reputable vendors, I used the photo tactics to help determine what I bought. I just transferred this practice to buying pearls.

Hope that long explanation helped. :)

Back