New project: pearl, tourmaline n ametyst earrings.

asurazzy

Hello!
Here I am thinking about new project of my earrings. I have bern thinking about it so might as well going to make it into "being". Long long time ago I bought a pair of pastel fireball pearls from kongspearl. It is pinkish and greenish. I got it for 200$ a pair. Recently I just bought a pair of sliced watermelon tourmalines and I still have leftover tear drop ametysts pair. So why not put em all up together n make a gargantuan garishly colorful earrings.

I put photos on the stones n pearls. The tourmalines are 29 carat total about an inch in its widest cost me 250$ ametyst total carat is 10 vost me 80$. I make my hand drawing on how I want to lay it out. Its my doodles on a box lid of excuse of its uglinest haha. The setting will be 18 ct gold. I want to add tiny diamonds on the huggys face and around the ametyst. I hope the drawing make sense on how I want it to be. Well see how I go on this one!

Attachments

• 20180531_163811.jpg
    20180531_163811.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 38
  • received_1633636226703291.jpg
    received_1633636226703291.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20180531_164125.jpg
    20180531_164125.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180531_164049.jpg
    20180531_164049.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 35
Watermelon tourmaline slices are among my vary favorite stones, as well as amethysts....I look forward to seeing the end result!

Watermelon tourmaline slices are among my vary favorite stones, as well as amethysts....I look forward to seeing the end result!
I loveeee tourmalines as well. Most slices are small or the big ones are expensive. This one is not so much so its good. Its going to be a while for the final result. Maybe a month or two!

Love your idea! I would not be able to wear such heavy earrings with comfort I guess ... I cannot wait to see them come into reality. Dreaming up jewellery is the best!

The color is going to be an eye catcher in addition to the size! I know your ears can hold a lot of weight, but these might be super heavy.

Ooooh, I love it!

And since everyone knows my love of convertible jewelry, you could have each element be removable. It would be so much fun to mix and match: just the tourmalines for day wear or just the pearls for a more conservative event; two elements for more bling or the whole thing for maximum wow potential.

Those will be just gorgeous! Please do update us on any progress!

I love this idea! I am just waiting for some slices to arrive ... they are a lot smaller I think but should have good colour. Yours are gorgeous ! And I agree with Pattye..I think tail up is nicer for this design ! Definitely need some progress photos !!

I meant to say that Lady D has yet another brilliant suggestion... make the pieces detachable ... you get more wear of them that way !

Back