New Member, New Inherited Pear Necklace!

oops i didn't realize my first reply had gone on board hence the reason i replied again lol . on the subject of pearls i have a few necklaces with silver clasp but as none of them feel gritty on the teeth then i can assume they are not real pearls.

Pearls that have had a lot of wear can sometimes lose their grittiness. Post some close-up photos on the macro setting and we'll try to help. :)

Hello GemGeek, thank you for your offer of help. i have pics of my pearls but i dont know how to send them to this topic. i have inspected my pearls to see if there is any peeling though my eye sight isn't that great they seem to look in not bad condition , but i really suspect they are faux pearls. on one clasp it has s.c.p england. which has gone black, with a flower design stones. on another set of pearls it has a 925 clasp. on another one it is just a brass clasp with white stones but the pearls have lost lustre which i think is due to perfume use. many thanks Barbara

Hey everyone! Been busy with work, the pearl necklace is still in my possession. I'm not sure what to do with it. I would like to pass it on to someone that will enjoy them and care for them, if there is any member here interested in buying them i am ready to let them go...if you look back at the pics you can see they are nice, the clasp is also really nice! Thanks.

Moderator Mode: Pearl-Guide.com is not responsible if anyone sholuld take Inherited Pearl up on her offer, which is in itself illegal to do on this forum.

IP, I know you didn't understand this rule and meant well, but I want you and any potential buyer from you to look at it look at it this way:
How would you decide on a price? You have no idea what it is worth.
How would you carry out the sale? How would you exchange for cash? guarantee the goods?
What if something went wrong with the sale if someone took up your very nebulous offer through the above post?

It can't be through this site. We are are not casual resellers at all! Advertising a direct sale is considered spamming and is not permitted.

However:

If you wish to sell it through a legal channel, such as eBay, let us know when you put it up for sale and come back and give us the link to it.

If you do not want to get it appraised for resale value (considerably less than replacement value) then put it on eBay as an auction starting with good pictures. (we told you NOT to take them in direct daylight, so go find the instructions for taking good photos.) Ask for the minimum amount you will take for it and see if anyone will buy it.

Both products are also good for other types of jewelry -- including coral, opal, jade, etc. -- which, like pearls, should not be cleaned with products designed for diamonds and hard gemstones.

I've not come across products designed for cleaning hard gemstones - my Granny's advice was to use gin, and that's what I do use.

Just popping in to say hi to everyone, and catch up on some threads!

Last edited:
Back