New Hanadama necklace! And question about earrings to match.

I have many strands of pearls but not many with matching earrings. If they are in the vicinity of sort of matching or even contrast it is good enough for me. In this picture I have on white south sea earrings, the necklace is baroque akoyas and the focal point pearl is a white metallic freshwater drop. My advice is just to wear what you love and if it makes you happy then it's perfect.

IMG_0799.jpg

Your strand is beautiful by the way. Enjoy wearing it.

Now that is an amazing collection of absolutely gorgeous white rounds, ladies.

Any earring will look amazing! For me, I tend to go with studs with shorter necklaces and drops with longer necklaces and ropes...but that's just me.

Thank you all so much. I was just leaving Wendy's house going home on the train when she took the picture.

Newberry, I've always admired that necklace and earrings. They look gorgeous on you.

That is sage advice....thank you.
You've taken 3 different kinds of pearls here and it is amazing how beautiful they look together. The lustre!!!
Thanks to everyone here and with great pictures of examples, I've let go of the idea that the pearls need to match.
As I slowly build my collection, I know I can find great advice here. Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome!

SSPs here I come!! :eek:

...aaaaaand just for fun, here is a neckshot of my small collection of pearl necklaces.
The top is the Hanadama strand.
The middle is a baroque 8-10mm Tahitian strand, and the bottom is a 8.5-9.0mm pink Freshadama strand.
The lustre on the Freshadamas surprised me....I didn't think they'd be so gorgeous! I think it rivals my hanadamas. :)
necklaces.jpg

Back