New Earrings Project

asurazzy

Helooww. I figured just make a new post about my new earring project. I have just recieved my stones today and I must say I love them! So I will utilise it to set my pearls. First I will make a pair or missmatch earrings. Its missmatched because I have to use 2 different sizes pearls with different colors as well. Pearl no.1 is Fijian green about 13 mm+ and Pearl no.2 is another Fijian with silver crimson color 15mm+.
The plan as ilustrated in the photo are bigger flower with smaller pearl and smaller flower with bigger pearl.
Earring no.1 will start with a gold hoop then dangle beneath with a trillion cut citrine followed by a flower made of 1 big diamond cut garnet surrounded by 6 diamond cut peridot then dangle the green pearl then dangle a single peridot.
Earring no.2 is gold hoop followed by the trillion citrine then a flower made of 1 small diamond cut peridot surrounded by 5 diamond cut garnet then dangle the larger silver pearl then dangle the peridot.
The setting will be 18 ct yellow gold. If I have enough money, the hoop, trilion cut citrine n bottom peridot dangle might have micropaved diamonds. But...most unlikely hahaha!
I love the Idea how colorful pearls can be and wants to exaggerate that with colorful stones. Its a missmatch but hopefully still corelated. It will be another big heavy earrings.

Attachments

• 20170907_160510.jpg
    20170907_160510.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170907_160551.jpg
    20170907_160551.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20170907_155153.jpg
    20170907_155153.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 35
Lovely. I always think pearls go very well with coloured gems. I think yours are really lovely. And the designs are great!

OH MY! It's gonna to be beautiful. I love the green,purple and orange combo.

Great color combos...I am a bit thrown by the different size stones for the flowers. The pearls don't look as dramatically different in size. If the overall length is maintained between the two earrings, it should work with smaller flower/larger pearl; larger flower/smaller pearl. Just keep the overall proportions for length and width.

And I do so love the combo of colors and the overall concept!!

I'm going to take a guess and think you're going to use 22k to tie it all together? I'm looking forward to seeing the final result. You come up with some unique and bold designs that fit you so well! I think the gemstones look great with the pearls and love the flowers!

It wilk be made with 18 ct gold because it will be made in Australia just like the big dangly tahiti earrings Amti.

Thanks for the comments people but I think I might scrape this idea hahahaaaa...because I just went to the jeweller. She showed me a pendant basically its like a weaved gold net with studded diamonds that have a big white fireball in it. N i was like hummmm....I told her to make me pair of earrings with that style but the basket have to be smaller to fit for 15 mm pearl and the weaved gold basket attached to a hoop. N I want it to be 7 cms long or about 3 inches. Does that makes sense??? Let me see if I have a picture for it...

This one have similar style.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170909-210557.jpg
    Screenshot_20170909-210557.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 30
Hi Katbran! It will still be earrings but in that pendant style. So it will be 2 of those weaved baskets hanging from my ears haha. I like this model because I can switch the pearls inside and the pearls can be whole no need to drill it. I asked the jeweller to make the weaved basket to it can fit up to 17 mm pearl at the base. So I just have to pop a pearl inside each basket. Now I need to look for 1 more 15 mm pearl or just look a pair of pearls with the same size. I still look ways on how or what I will use my stones. Can put one dangling on each of the bottom of the earrings basket.

Cool. Love the mismatched earrings, but can't wait to see your pendant earrings! :)

Yes. The rondelle are slideable so the basket length also adjustable. Can put 1 or stack 2 pearls inside. It can be widened or narrowed as well. The post I chose like a hoop earring unstead of hook.

Cool. Love the mismatched earrings, but can't wait to see your pendant earrings! :)

I still will make the missmatch. But will put it for later now just want to make the basket earrings haha.

Back