Need help identifying pearl necklaces & their worth.

lupris

Bought these for gifts in China. They were relatively cheap, about $21 USD for each necklace. Each necklace contains about 35-36 pearls that are all 12 - 15mm. Some of them are round (most aren't), almost all have blemishes and imperfections. They don't seem that shiny unless you look at them from far away. Could you tell me how much a necklace like this would run for in the United States? Also what would these pearls be classified as?

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 23
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 21
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 22
  • berry1
    berry1
    7.6 KB · Views: 30
Sorry no one has answered you.

Those are Chinese cultured freshwater pearls of some pretty good size and OK luster.

I bought a strand very much like that only a bit bigger, at the Tucson gem show for $25 in 2008, but think they are probably worth a bit more now - just for their size, which is rare. (at least the difference between the price in China and the markups for the US) They actually look rounder when strung up and worn.

Did you buy these? or want to buy them? If you own them, I would cherry pick the biggest and roundest of all the pearls for the best strand possible, then use the rest for other strands or projects. The smaller ones often have better luster than the hugest ones. You have a good number of strands to cherry pick from.

Thanks for the response!

I own these pearls, i purchased them at the Silk Market in Beijing. That sounds like a great idea since i have 14 necklaces, each with about 35 pearls. I bought them with the intention of giving them away as gifts, but i have a lot left over so i wouldn't mind selling them. Is it possible to fix them up to clear the blemishes and carve them into a rounder shape?

No. They are what they are.

You can keep giving them away for years. They really make good thank you gifts for the mailman, the Dr., the teacher, etc.

Thank you gifts - I'll say! Can I be your postal-person?

Back