need help from a pearl expert

michellebutrick

I own a fairly old set of pearls, they are pink colored with rose overtones. They have gold bead spacers, but I don't know who made them and I don't know the year they were made. They are in their original box and they look around the 50s to the 60s era. They are absolutely beautiful and I know they are real because of the quality they are and their weight. I hope someone can give me direction as to their make year and worth. Thank you. I am not looking for miracles just ball park help. again thank you for your help. dragonfly with one natural abalone pearl,18ct yellow gold, one cognac diamond.

Welcome, Michelle and thank you for sharing the photo of your pretty pearls. Is there a name of a jewelry store inside the box? Can you share any more of their history? What size are they? The color indicates freshwater pearls. They appear to be barrel shaped in the photo, with good luster. Pearls like that weren't available from China until probably the 90's. A much less likely possibility would be that these are from Lake Biwa in Japan, produced sometime between about early 70's to '85 when production ceased.

Back