Need Details on White Pair & Black Pair of Pearl Earrings

HI
w201
I agree with Pattye. I am sorry you thought I have expertise! I was just offering an opinion and I probably should not have, at least without caveats! I see those fake ones all the time, but I think if yours are 14kt, then of course I am wrong. I was talking about the goldtone copies of your jewelry! I overlooked your description because I knew they weren't 2.3mm. more like 12mm.

Hi Caitlin- It's no problem. I still appreciated your feedback regarding my questions about the earrings. Thanks for the link! That helps out a great deal. Several days ago, I tried searching for earrings similar to mine but couldn't find anything that resembled them. Later on, someone mentioned that they are known as "love knot" style earrings, and I got better results with that search term.

Yes. Those were extremely popular when I was growing up. All moms had a pair,. I guess some were real and some weren't. You have the real ones.

The 60's was a dacade before my time, but I vaguely remember someone in my family wearing those style earrings. I now have the pearls listed on eBay, hopefully I'm not asking too much, but based on the link you provided and other search results, I'm right at that middle mark. I think it's against forum policy to post links of items for sale, but if anyone is interested, give me a shout and I'll direct you to the listing. It was fun talking to you guys!

Good luck! We do not appreciate links for things that are for sale from venders, if they list the price. We love it when they post pix of a high quality item we would love. We have an understanding, that if someone likes it, they can contact the vender. We just don't want to be an upfront sales venue with vender actively soliciting sales.

However, members who need to sell personal stuff on eBay and put a link here, are fine. Put the link up- maybe someone from here will bid.

That's completely understandable, I can't stand solicitors- I just mentioned it because everyone was so helpful. If anyone does bid, just send me a note through ebay before you pay, and let me know you're from the forum. I'll take off 10% of the final price and I'll cover the shipping :D

Here are the whites:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160761850105&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

And the blacks:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160761401609&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

One problem, akoya are not natural pearls. They are cultured. That is a cultured mabe pearl, most likely akoya.

The button pearls in your other listings are probably not akoyas but freshwater pearls. That button shape is hard to get in a pearl with a round bead in it. One the other hand, freshwater pearls often collapse into more button shapes. Akoyas are a saltwater pearl with an MoP bead, freshwater pearls are solid nacre- pure pearl! And they grow in fresh water like ponds, lakes, streams and rivers.

No reason to believe me, after what I said before, but maybe others will confirm my opinion. Freshwater pearls are my specialty in a way akoyas never were.

Good luck selling at that price. I'll put it on my watch list and see what it does.
How come you did not call them love knots or whatever Pattye said? Then they will come up for people looking for that style.

Last edited:
Boy, I shoulda skipped commenting on this thread! Round they are. That style is often mabe, though these are round. But they aren't natural. Did you catch the post earring in their other items? I was pretty sure they are freshwater, not akoya. Now correct me if needed!

Back