natural golden akoyas

theseventhsphinx

I picked these up in PP's last promotion. Gold is basically my favorite color, so I was drawn to these akoyas, not so dark as some South Sea pearls (which I would love to invest in one day but not quite there yet) but distinctly tinted. These are 7.5mm

IMG_9882.jpg

There is a slightly green cast to the gold tint, which I wasn't sure about at first but looks nice on (will show you some time). Honestly I have a bit of a green cast myself.

I also wanted to show you my current method of storing studs (I love when people inadvertently reveal their storage methods when sharing - I'm so interested in these kinds of details), which I like so much in terms of keeping everything accessible (easy to both take out and put away) and on display. This is a velvet ring display box. Buttons on the top row, mostly rounds in the middle. This is a mix of higher and lower quality, and I wear them all - it just depends on what I'm going for.

IMG_9876.jpg

Would love to hear other ideas on how to store studs!

Last edited:
You are such an artist.That is a simple, but beautiful, display. Do we have a photo of you in those golden studs? Even if we do, another one would be nice. Good pair for that monochromatic Look you had going a few days ago. My coloring is about impossible to get a monochromatic look, unless you count my gray outfits, but you look great all goldy w/ green overtones!!

Is that a Harvard ring on the lower right? It's a cool gold ring, whatever is on it....

I have been following your blog for a couple of months now; I haven't read such a blog before, though I love to go check out all the links people put in their signatures. I love all your Looks of the Day stylings- and props! I hope your blog has gotten a boost from a lot of us reading it.:)

Those studs are beautiful! I loved the embroidery ring method of storing earrings that you posted on your blog. Very clever, and cute!

Thanks for the kind words, Caitlin, and for reading! I haven't posted these akoyas yet but will feature them soon. You are right, they would have been perfect for the monochromatic look. I'm imagining them with a white, cream and tan kind of palette...we'll see.

It is a Harvard ring, yes, and much treasured. I like the shape of signet rings generally, too - I find them so elegant. I like the idea one with a simple image...not sure what I would want on it yet. So cool that they can double as wax seals.

You are such an artist.That is a simple, but beautiful, display. Do we have a photo of you in those golden studs? Even if we do, another one would be nice. Good pair for that monochromatic Look you had going a few days ago. My coloring is about impossible to get a monochromatic look, unless you count my gray outfits, but you look great all goldy w/ green overtones!!

Is that a Harvard ring on the lower right? It's a cool gold ring, whatever is on it....

I have been following your blog for a couple of months now; I haven't read such a blog before, though I love to go check out all the links people put in their signatures. I love all your Looks of the Day stylings- and props! I hope your blog has gotten a boost from a lot of us reading it.:)

Those pearl earrings are fab, but I'm really loving the Harvard ring beside the kissy lips! My ex went to Harvard and he was such a terrible snob about it. I remember going to the pub on Sundays there for trivia night, and I'd be the one scoring all the points for the pop culture questions, movies, sports...... it made him SO mad! Lol

Jodie

love your writing! "By all means, match your shoes to your belt if it comforts you, but these things really must be determined on a case by case basis."

best line ever!

Those pearl earrings are fab, but I'm really loving the Harvard ring beside the kissy lips! My ex went to Harvard and he was such a terrible snob about it. I remember going to the pub on Sundays there for trivia night, and I'd be the one scoring all the points for the pop culture questions, movies, sports...... it made him SO mad! Lol

Jodie

Oh dear. Most of my friends are on the other end of the spectrum, and only bring it up when directly asked. I do love that ring, though. And my knowledge of pop culture is pretty sad, it's true.

Back