My New (Some Old) Pearls

Bacca

Hello, everyone,

I've been reading, enjoying and appreciating all the information in this forum for a while. I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I'm not a collector, just someone who, over the years, has bought a few pieces I love. What I tend to love is vintage fine jewelry of all kinds. I thought I'd share a few of my more recent pearl acquisitions with you.

The first ones just arrived today. These aren't vintage. They're the first CFWP I've ever bought. The color is somewhere between that shown in the first and second pictures. The size seems to be around 8 to 9mm. They're going to be my first stringing project.

The second are vintage baroque akoyas. According to the seller, the largest is 9mm, the smallest is around 4. There's a tiny diamond in the white gold clasp. The strand is about 32 inches long.

The last is a bracelet with 14k ruby clasp and spacers. I'm crazy about it. It's 8 inches long and the pearls are about 4 to 5 mm.

I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• bracelet1.jpg
    bracelet1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 39
  • baroque1.jpg
    baroque1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 33
  • fw1.jpg
    fw1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 36
  • baroque2.jpg
    baroque2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 37
  • fw2.jpg
    fw2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 35
Hi Bacca,

Welcome! The akoya baroques look just lovely! You are off to a great start! Dip a toe in (aka your first CFWP) pretty soon you're in a whole lot deeper, lol, it's fun and addicting! Lots of bead stringers and knotters here if you need any advice, too!

Last edited:
Thanks, pattye, I'm happy to be here. I admit to having been a little hesitant about the freshwaters, but they're lovely and I'm already thinking, "More!" :)

Welcome! Those are terrific pieces. I see why you're mad about the bracelet! ;)

Hi Bacca and welcome... you need more freshwaters! There are some truly gorgeous pearls out there in the world of CFW.
Now that bracelet is just amazing.... I would be mad about it too!

Thanks for the welcome, Nerida. I love anyone who tells me I need more pearls! I'm sure there are additional freshwaters in my future. :)

Back