My new Sea of Cortez pearls (and a couple others).

And he'll say "can't you hang out with a better bunch of people?"
and you'll say "NO!" because it's the truth,

and he'd say (if he was from N.Y., USA) "If your friends jumped off the Brooklyn bridge, would you follow?"

The London, or UK, equivalent is, "if your friend jumped under a double-decker bus, would you do it too?"

Haha! Yes, I'm guilty for sure. Sorry Adeline.
But hey, you've bought such a nice drop pearl! And this is what my sister and I say to each other when we feel guilty about some purchase; "You're going to enjoy that for the rest of your life!" And then we laugh and feel better.
I can't wait to see your photos in the future of this pearl.
And speaking of husbands .... guess what mine calls my iPad ... He calls it a pearlPad .... because that's all I use it for, looking at pearls.
Alex: thanks for the compliment, the lawn is a beautiful bright green, but that is because it is all moss. Chuckle.
Cheers pearl buddies!
Linda.

"under a double-decker bus..." (too funny)

And the response is still "Are pearls involved"

(chortle, we are soooooo lost!)

My my Adeline. That is bee-ooot-E-full. Do you have it yet or are those Douglas' photos? Did you have him drill it for you? Gonna be a pendant? And...might as well blame me and the others, husbands are funny creatures.. they frown and shake their heads, but in the end they admire the beauty of our purchases and make themselves feel better by agreeing with you that whatever it is you are buying is an INVESTMENT, hehehe. So, blame away. Anything for a PearlPal!

Dian! Yeah, I blame you too! You have a whole thread dedicated to yours and now I've just gotten my one sole SoC (finally) apart from the mabes. It's from Douglas all right but it comes via Sarah at Kojima.

Alex: I wish it were 3 separate pearls, but yes, it's the one from 3 different angles. The pics are all Sarah's. When it comes, I'll do a show-and-tell.

Please, please, please, do you guys have any creations of baroque pearls (pendants, rings) to share? I need to see some now for inspiration...

Last edited:
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06598.jpg Views:	1 Size:	17.5 KB ID:	347457Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06584.jpg Views:	1 Size:	22.4 KB ID:	347458Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06598.jpg Views:	1 Size:	17.5 KB ID:	347457Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06597.jpg Views:	2 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	347459
I know how much I love looking at all the PG'ers photos, so here I am again ..... with new pearls.
*I will stop now. I will stop now. I will not, must not buy more pearls.*
The pearls are from Sarah at Kojima Pearls.
Green pearls for spring .... really, it's a no brainer.
Linda.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 15616Sorry, I have an iMac, and am still trying to figure out the bloody picture issues. I will flip a picture, and then it still is sideways ... because why, does Mac keep all these different versions of the same photo on my harddrive .... one flipped? one not flipped? One with a face .... I'm confused. Let me try to fix this.

Attachments

• 7-8mm bracelet lavender
    7-8mm bracelet lavender
    63.8 KB · Views: 43
Those are insanely, wildly, beautiful, as a friend loves to say in her online store. How did you get such an pearl eye?

Of course! You can ask me anything.
I'm not sure of proper etiquette here, so I'll PM you.
(The strand is still up on the website, mind you .... it was $740)
Linda.

Thank you Pattye, Caitlin, and Amanda for the complements.
I got my "pearl eye" (and the pearl fever) from all of YOU PEOPLE.
Chuckle.
You have to cough a couple times, clutch your strand of pearls and say: "I got the black pearl fever", like Ben Stiller in Zoolander when he says he's got the "black lung".
We are all infected. New Spats and Guests beware; mayday, quarantine this website; stay away, be very afraid. :-D
Cheers.
Linda.

I'm not sure of the etiquette either - I was worried that, "how much did your pearls cost" is in the same catagory of rudeness as, "how much do you earn", or "who did you vote for".

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in the Wild West of Tucson AZ, it is like asking how much you paid for your yacht.

If you paid more than a fiver for a yacht in a land-locked place such as Arizona (I presume AZ is Arizona?) you probably wasted your cash - not a lot of sea local to you, is there?

Amongst subtle distinctions here over earnings, it's fine to discuss hourly rates for summer holiday jobs while you're at university, for example, and distinctly rude to ask about salaries once you finish full-time education and get a proper job.

Asking people who they vote for is also something of a faux pas.

My Strand

My Strand

Yes Amanda:
Good job scoping it out.
The more accurate picture is the "neck" shot on the stand.
That photo is closer to the normal look of these pearls.
Linda.

Yes Amanda:
Good job scoping it out.
The more accurate picture is the "neck" shot on the stand.
That photo is closer to the normal look of these pearls.
Linda.

They look much better in your photos than on the website's - which is definitely the better way round.

They really do suit your colouring, as well, nice choice.

Thanks Amanda. :)
One thing though; I was facing my house, which is sided in quite boisterous and bright pastel turquoise. I think it is reflecting off the pearls quite a bit. Again, the more "accurate" ... though who knows really .... the more accurate photo may be the indoor one, pearls laying down on the white box.
I am discovering that pearls are quite fascinating this way; they are hard to define. I can see how it would take much experience to become a talented pearl grader/sorter.
Linda.

Back