Votes: 0 0.0%
  • please show us more

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hi new to forum
wanted to introduce myself and my recently fished natural pearls from our seas

My name is Mohamed Alslaise im 40yr old
ive been pearl diving since 2006 - mainly as a tour guide and now my sole profession has become a pearl diver since oct 2019

dove for more than year now in search of the fascinating pearl of bahrain and would like to share my findings,
please note they have all been sold already. but i would like to share them with you so people understand the rarity of these fabulous gems
the oyster we fish is the pinctada radatia mainly it produces seed pearls but every once an while you hit the jack pot with 4.5mm to 8mm pearls - im still trying to find a 10mm - which we call in this region the (dana) but it hasn't come as of yet

Attachments

• jpeg 5chow oct 1st_1.jpg
    jpeg 5chow oct 1st_1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 55
Hello Bahrain Pearling, and welcome to our pearl loving forum!
Always happy to see more posts from less conventional pearls here :)
Please do post and share more information as long as it does not go against our forum rules and regulations...and WELCOME!

Welcome to the forum.

The picture is very interesting, as is the pearl. Look forward to seeing more of your lovely natural gems as you post them on the forum!

What a facinating photo. I'd love to see more of your finds.

natural pearl location

natural pearl location

191031_untitled_008.jpg

This pic is a good example of where a natural pearl is usually found embedded in the mantle - as you might know or have seen the culture pearl usually is implanted inside the gonad. with natural pearls its very rare to find it the front part of the gonad

when you find the pearl in this location its usually a good quality pearl - it would be either round ,semi round, drop, or button but never a baroque - baroque pearls usually are in the back of the gonad or near the hinge.. never in the front .

this pearl was small in size but high in quality.

natural pearls of bahrain

I agree with you Mohamed, and the pearls in the back, near the hinge, are usually referred to as "hinge pearls" and they have a very particular baroque shape, a bit flattened...like these:
Hinge Pearls.JPG

Very nice photos! And when you feel like sharing more of these Bahrani beauties...feel free to do so :)

Wow, gorgeous pearls! I love the one in the shell. And Douglas, yours are beautiful, too.

Welcome to the forum, bahrain pearling ... your pearls and posts are very interesting as well as beautiful ... looking forward to more!

hi , thanks for backing me up :) so its the same with different types of oysters ? what kind of oysters are these from in your pic ?

دقه-pits.jpg

This is one of the biggest finds we had in our diving team during 2019- 2020 its 22 chow -- cant remember the weight in carats - but its 8.5 mm
didnt make us a alot of money because of the pits it had naturally - in my view that's what made the pearl more beautiful.

Does this occur with cultured pearls and is there a name to describe these insertions or pits in a pearl ?

Good morning!
Yes, very common...most of the regular defects you find on cultured pearls can also be found on natural pearls. There are what we would call "pits". If found in clusters some people refer to these as "gnaw/bite marks".
But I am sure more people will enjoy thss photo and share their comments with you.

Last edited:
good day - thank you so much for the clarification tryng to get my trading skills better for next pearling season , and if you may there is also another defect - we usually in counter when the nacre has like waves or ripples we in arabic call it veins - sadly i dont have a clear pic of that but i would be grateful if you can help - thank you

What a beautiful and wholesome thread (esp re all the help from CortezPearls). Please Bahrain pearling share more pictures!

Back