My freshwater pearl drops from China!

I just ordered some of those black spinel beads a few days ago, per your rec, LD! They shipped a few days ago, I'll report back re: how that goes. They look great.

I know you didn't :) If my order hadn't been lost in the mail, I think everything would have been fine. Since they were, I had to fight for refund.

What size black spinel beads do you want? I got some 2mm (teeny tiny) from this guy and I love them. I am putting together a bracelet and I have already ordered more for a matching necklace.

Thank you so much for the Suggestion! Its even cheaper, and it looks really shiny! Best material for a Gellner inspired rope! :D

Yes, they are very shiny and I've had no loss so far, other than the ones that rolled away from me. All the drill holes were nicely done and fit.

This was done with them. Now, either a matching necklace or a similar style bracelet but black on black (larger beads on the tiny ones). P1060095.jpg
P1060096.jpg

Ah...I just had a look and Gaurav is where my Black Spinel came from ... it was meant to be 3mm and was 2mm ... very pretty but very small lol She told me they were 3mm and I'd measured them incorrectly until I sent a photo of them in the Callipers . Then it was .... well what do you want to do.... no apology . I took them off my list.

LD - may i ask you, what kind of wire you use? I would like to make a Gellner inspired rope, and I think the same wire would be suitable like with your bracelet, which is by the way very nice. The idea of black on black I like even more!

Dumb question, what's a Gellner inspired rope? I've seen that mentioned a few times.

Black on black is always good.

I used soft flex for the bracelet but I think it ended up rather stiff. I like it for a bracelet but I don't think I would be happy with a necklace. I may be pulling it too tight, though. I'll have to make a few more piece to experiment.

Battah - Gellner is a German pearl jeweler with unique - at least I think so - pieces. Here an example:
image.jpeg
I like it very much and hope to make one myself!

That's beautiful! Thanks, Katalin :)

Jersey Pearl - I adore your creations! I like them so much! I just need some nice tahiti pearls!
Yesterday I went to a jeweler, to have a closer look at one rope! I was spying! ;)

Lady D, I just ordered some black spinel a few days ago too, for the purpose of making a Gellner inspired rope. ..photos to follow! JP, your sparkly garnet piece is lovely :)

So my freshwater drops have arrived.
For the price, it's great value for money. I must say I still do prefer tahitians but these are good fun pearls to wear as rope and as torsado. On its own I'll definitely do some necklace stacking.
Here are some pics of the strand.
PhotoGrid_1469690080786.jpg

I knotted 2 strands with Beaders secret (best thing ever!). For 1 strand, I added gold fill beads.
The luster is nice and it's very light on the neck, even when worn as a double.
I do like how it's not as formal as round ones.
Connected into a rope using a oval one touch clasp. Not as nice as orbit, will change it out when I get some claspsleep.
PhotoGrid_1469689943802.jpg

Back