0059.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 0062.jpg
    0062.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 0064.jpg
    0064.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 34
Gorgeous, Sueki! They look so tactile....I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off them!

It's a good thing you're in London, or I might be tempted to "borrow" them! :D All kidding aside, I'm very happy for you. They're gorgeous!

HUMMMM--
Those look a lot like Sea of Cortez?

pattye
so many pearls, so little time

That's what I was thinking. Care Ehret has a strand that looks similar on ebay (without the spacers).

Oh, boy, you people are good - very, very good.
They are indeed Cortez pearls.
A kind of coppery gold colour, with untold other colours dancing around all over.
I cannot describe how beautiful they are. Just magic.
The beads are gold, Caitlin.
WeeGem, you're too right - it took me ages to string them because I just couldn't put them down for long enough to do the job.
That, or I'd just stare at them for ages at a time.
GemGeek, next time you're here let me know and we'll meet up so's you can borrow them for five minutes. Ten if I'm in a good mood.....:)

Hi Sueki,

Not many full strands of Sea of Cortez floating around, no matter who strung them! The color threw me off, though, it is amazing! There is something about the shape that gives them away, especially in a strand. Jeremy is right, it is easier to identify pearls when a whole strand is shown. You did a great job stringing them, I haven't done mine as yet.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Last edited by a moderator:
GemGeek, next time you're here let me know and we'll meet up so's you can borrow them for five minutes. Ten if I'm in a good mood.....:)

Right On, Sister!!! What a beauty! I am soooo happy for you. At least it's in the "family".;)

Sueki,

That is a gorgeous necklace! I love the way it looks more bluish/lavender/gold in one picture while more copper/plum with a tinge of pink/red in another picture.

Enjoy the treasure and thanks for sharing.:)

Pernula

Hi Sueki,
Those are absolutely stunning - you have every reason to be delighted and proud. The color, overtones, texture all combine into an amazing necklace. Enjoy!
John

Hi Sueki,
Those are absolutely stunning - you have every reason to be delighted and proud. The color, overtones, texture all combine into an amazing necklace. Enjoy!
John

Hi Sueki,

I second John?s toughts! They are beautiful and seeing them convinces me that I too want to have a strand some time in the future!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your comments everyone.
Pernula - you're dead right - the pearls continuously change colour. And I see different colours every time I look at them.
Jerin - get yourself some :) - I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. These pearls are like no others that I have seen.
Pattye - please, do string yours and take some photos.
I'd love to see some.
Thank you all.

Wow, it's soooo pretty! You must be pleased.

I saw a strand in the Druzy Design Ebay store just days ago but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. Not that I'm in the market or anything. But she does sometimes get the full unstrung strands for those of you that are interested.

Those are wonderful! Lucky you! I have yet to see the Sea of Cortez in person, I'm on a quest. Gotta touch them..

Super pearls, great! A Sea of Cortez necklace is in our future as well. But with their incredible range of colors and limited availability, it's going to be a challenge knowing the right one when we see it, and all the more difficult on-line.

Sueki, the pearls are beautiful and your workmanship exceptional! I love the rondelle treatment at the end with the gimp. You are indeed a first-class, A#1, Lowly Beader!

Sueki, those pearls are just gorgeous!! I would be playing with them all the time if I were to wear them! I would love to see a photo of you wearing them - I think our pearls acquire a special beauty when worn, picking up skin tones and making them even more alive!

I wish I was so talented as to string like that - you should be very proud of your work - very professional and creative!

By the way - what size are the pearls? No-one ever seas Sea of Cortez pearls over here unless I've just been blind to them.

Nerida.

Hi Nerida,
Thanks for your comments. Yes, I can't leave them alone when wearing them.
They're not huge; 8 - 10.4mm. wide by 8.2 - 11.3mm. long.
I don't know where you are, but here in the U.K. I have never, ever seen Cortez pearls for sale.

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Hi Sueki,

I am in Australia. Did I really spell "sees" as seas? I have heard reference to "Mexican" pearls - just don't see them for sale anywhere, and not exactly sure if they are the same as the Sea of Cortez pearls. Yours are just stunning!

Back