Milsons Findings New York

jshepherd

I don't post too often in this section, but I know people are always looking for recommendations of different findings companies, so I thought it important.

First, this is NOT a recommendation of Milsons Findings. It's the opposite. Their Website is milsonsfindings.com.

Elia was working with a customer that wanted a particular clasp and the customer found it on Milsons' Website. We had never worked with them before, but with a resale number we gave them a call.

Elia asked them if the customer decided she didn't want it after seeing it, what their return policy was. They stated it was two weeks.

The clasp was shipped, arrived, but was the wrong clasp - not the clasp in the picture. Elia shipped it back and now they are refusing a refund.

The clasp wasn't cheap, so we are filing a charge back of course. But I definitely want to caution other PGers out there about Milsons Findings. It is a huge hassle when you have to deal with shady suppliers like this, so I definitely recommend staying away.

Wow that really sucks - it's always a real pain in the butt to deal with shady suppliers; a waste of time, money and stress.

If I can, I'd like to add to this dishonorable list;
  1. www.pjymarket.com
  2. www.wscoral.com
  3. www.wsgemstone.com
  4. www.obai.com.cn
  5. www.obai.net

These companies are all one company in fact, all owned by OBAI Jewelry Trade Co.,Ltd in China. I've had extensively painful headaches with them in the past to the point where I no longer deal with them.

This company is so shady, that their employees have sent me personal apology emails and warned me not to buy from them...that their company policy was to slowly decrease the quality of the items sold to their customers...and if the customer complained, then provide them the earlier same quality of items, but convince the customer to pay more for the same quality.

I used to buy regularly from PY. And for some years they were as reliable as any other supplier (some minor hiccups, nothing horrible). but in the last couple of years they have gone completely into the ditch.
I sent one order of pearls back totally as the AA+ I had ordered would not even scrape an A, and then I just ordered some silk and was sent wrong colour. Luckily I had paid for that with paypal so a refund was not a problem. It doesn't seem to have changed hands, so I don't know why what was a reasonable company has turned into something chaotic, defensive and very close to the bottom of the ditch.
I certainly won't give them another chance.

Back