MII mark on jewelry being sold as authentic Mikimoto on eBay...true or frauda?

Mommy33

In perusing the pages of pearl jewelry now being sold as the Perlita line by Mikimoto, I notice only one seller offering most lots. All pieces lack the traditional clamshell kartouche with the prominent M in the center. Instead they bear the mark MII. In my attempts to locate this mark, I came to a page for the company Made in Italy, or MIIspa. They offer many styles of metal jewelry garnished with many different stones including pearls. Their products range from 22kt gold, platinum all the way down to stainless. A mixed bag to be sure. Do any of you have information on this mark? The eBay seller assures me that these are authentic Miki's, but, I think only the boxes are authentic...any thoughts?

I decided to google Mikimoto and the Perlita name, and was a bit dismayed not seeing anything official from Mikimoto come up, a bunch of ebay listings, but then a blurb from Kari Pearls site, and I quote "Four companies are under Mikimoto in Japan including Perlita, a lower priced pearl jewelry line with innovative interchangeable designs". This would make sense, as my other comment was going to be that the listing provided by Pearl Dreams did not look like the high quality I would expect from Mikimoto. But if thinking of purchasing such an item, I would still contact the Mikimoto company officially to make sure the item beins sold actually goes with the box and certificate. Plus the fact I know there are counterfeit items out there with the clamshell marks on the metal.

I found nothing about the Perlita line on either the MikimotoUSA or the Japanese site which I found odd. Also, the only pieces that I found for sale were on eBay which I do not trust alone. So, I researched the MII mark and found the company I refer to in my original post.

I contacted the eBay seller about the Perlita line and she assures me that they are authenticated by Mikimoto yet does not offer the paperwork. I think I will pass on Perlita for now.

I have seen the MII mark on several pieces and that is not a bad thing because this company, Made In Italy, is known for using higher end metals, ie, platinum, K18, etc.

Back