Matching black/white freshwater pearl set

R

Rahala

Hi! >:D

I'm in search of something, and I wonder if you, with your infinite pearl knowledge (that is, infinite knowledge of pearls, not knowledge of infinite pearls -- although I do wish we had knowledge of where to find infinite pearls >_>) could point me in the right direction.

What I wish for is two matching necklaces of freshwater pearls, one white, one dyed black. The white ones are for me, and the black for my best friend (for my wedding). I'd like the highest quality that I can get for my modest budget. Normally I think I would shy away from dyed pearls, but she loves the look of them and I'm pretty sure this is what I can afford. My budget is around $200-300 for each necklace. I'm considering 6-7 or 7-8mm.

Is this budget realistic? Are dyed black freshwater a decent option?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

You should be able to get 7-8mm Freshwater pearls within that price range. The one thing to be aware of though is that in that size, you will predominately find AA+ grade in the Black as this is the grade that is selected for the dying process. The AAA grades are generally sold in their natural coloring. So, you will find the AAA grade in White and the AA+ grade in Black - with the black being less expensive.

Back