Massive South Sea pearls in Dubai

Amazing! A musical note, an albino pea pod, a shark's tooth, and I'd like to have the one in the lower left corner, whatever it looks like. Actually I'd take any of them, they're great, thanks for the pics!
barbie

Hi everyone, I'm finally back!

1. Dubai is the place to find some massive pearls. It was not unusual to find 15mm to 21mm pearl necklaces. Debra

Anyone selling single loose south sea or Tahitian 20+ mm pearls, either in Dubai or Hong Kong? Or elsewhere? If so, any idea of price? Always looking to enlarge my stable of monsters...

Sheri

Josh may have some soon, I think

Oh my, I certainly do hope so, though those true monsters are quite rare. Museum rare, in fact, unless I'm mistaken. Seems like the south seas pearls can get a bit larger, perhaps due to the size of the oysters.

Sheri

These are "Tringles". I do believe it's a trade name that Paspaley uses.

tringle%20necklace[1].JPG

I would adore having this around my neck!!! ;)

Very, very nice! Had not heard that name "tringle" before, but it certainly fits the pearls~

Anyone selling single loose south sea or Tahitian 20+ mm pearls...

Long drops and other baroques might be just a matter of searching (HERE's one) but rounds, buttons... symmetrical shapes are quite a different story, apparently (look HERE) - no idea who has them consistently. Pearl Paradise sounds like a good source for exceptional things...

I am not sure whether 20mm length is truly 'enormous' for a baroque SS pearl... . I'm wondering what makes a monster for the type myself :rolleyes:

I am not sure whether 20mm length is truly 'enormous' for a baroque SS pearl... . I'm wondering what makes a monster for the type myself :rolleyes:

Thanks, Valeria...the price quote on that pair of buttons ($30,000) is certainly eye-opening. I don't think that 20mm+ in length is all that extraordinary - it's the huge diameter that's so hard to find.

Sheri

The first looks like a molar :D

Back