Lydia Courteille Jewelry

BlackPearlDudeDC

These earrings are titled "Kasumiga" (I know I know lol)

by Lydia Courteille

Lydia Courteille.jpg

Wow, they are really cool! But I can't help but think of the big tangles they'd be in my hair. Really neat pearls though and I do like snakes... well, maybe not the venomous ones. ;)

That was one of the complaints about the shoulder dusters I created. I've been doing this a long time (I even have a pic of a certain famous diamond head piece "stuck" in my curls) but I never think about hair/earring issue...though I should. Re the should dusters...I just assumed they were more dressy than casual...so visualized up-dos. (and no I will not post the pic of me with diamonds on my head LOL)

What I like in these snake earrings are the details...even the wire-wrapping has an interest point to it.

Wow, they are really cool! But I can't help but think of the big tangles they'd be in my hair. Really neat pearls though and I do like snakes... well, maybe not the venomous ones. ;)

Last edited:
Exquisitely crafted, and I'd have nightmares all day and all night long :) With ALL due respect to their critical place in nature, I'll leave the snakes to those who don't fear them ...

Those are cool looking earrings.

The one great thing about being a lady with boy short hair, is that big earrings look amazing, feminine, and never get tangled in my hair. They actually double as "hair" because they are the only things dangling off my head.

I have curly hair, when it's long. It tangles in everything.

One more:

Lydia Courteille 2.jpg

The earrings are beautiful. I love the colors. The intertwined snakes make me sense the story of Adam and Eve, a snake teasing a snake.

I would've thought her Deep Sea Collection would have more pearl style jewelry? I am big fan of seahorses though, and purple seahorses who could say no?

I'm kinda digging the day-of-the-dead mermaid brooch! ...and of course who could resist those seahorses!

Somewhere I came across a book of her work, I don't know if it was a look-book marketing material piece, or a bio/ etc... Can't find it now.

I'm kinda digging the day-of-the-dead mermaid brooch! ...and of course who could resist those seahorses!

Back