Looking to purchase ss golden pearl necklace

Any chance you're bringing back some additional golden SS strands from this trip?? :)

No, not golds. But we do have a lot of strands that aren't listed on the site, and golds move more slowly than Tahitians and whites, so we probably won't add more for several months.

Hi Jeremy,

What would say is the proportion of people that shop for "whites" versus "gold" and "Tahitians"?

No, not golds. But we do have a lot of strands that aren't listed on the site, and golds move more slowly than Tahitians and whites, so we probably won't add more for several months.

Hi Jeremy,,
Opps... I just realized that this might be a retailer confidential information. I only asked out of personal curiousity.

Hi Jeremy,

What would say is the proportion of people that shop for "whites" versus "gold" and "Tahitians"?

To all pearl lovers,

Is a simple pearl strand more wearable on a daily basis versus jewelled strands (diamond rondelles, etc). While I loave the added jewels, I'm not sure if I'd wear them as often and a simple strand. Is the jewelled strand intended for more special occasions?

Only you know whether your lifestyle supports the regular wearing of a jeweled strand or whether you would feel overdressed. It does seem to me that it would be for special occasions, but perhaps you attend such events frequently?

I'm really looking to wear the pearls on a daily basis. I would like to wear them to work with formal suit, casual friday and weekends as well.

I'm not at all concern about wearing them for special occasions as they are not frequent and usually work related.

I really like the idea that I can dress up by adding jewelled pendant or cliclasp.

It's a funny thing about high-end pearls, there's usually an assumption that they would be worn for special occasions.... but nooooo

you can where them anytime anywhere, with any thing, try them with casuals, jeans, t-shirt etc - (as well as anything smart) they can look very understated and super cool

That's assuming the pearls are plain strands - if they have diamond rondelles and such like, then that's a different story

so I would go for plain strands, then you can have the joy of wearing a $5K strand to the park.......:cool:

or to the opera !

probably get insurance though !

Last edited:
To all pearl lovers,

Is a simple pearl strand more wearable on a daily basis versus jewelled strands (diamond rondelles, etc). While I loave the added jewels, I'm not sure if I'd wear them as often and a simple strand. Is the jewelled strand intended for more special occasions?

Hi Artpearl, I'll answer from a bejewelled ear point of view. You see, I don't do necklaces as the neck's no good but if you peek into my albums, I really have a penchant for bejewelled gems on pearls. And while they look lovely (and get many a compliment), frankly, I'm starting to find them a tad too distracting for work. My everyday go-to's are really the plain and simple unadorned pearl pairs. Doesn't matter if they are tahitians or cheap FWP, they give me tremendous satisfaction, and the layman observer is never able to tell. Good luck in your pursuit.

I agree, a simple strand is very wearable everyday. I also love to look at options at can add a jewelled something for the rare special occasions use.

I also really love looking at gorgeously designed necklaces that are near works of art. Keep referencing sites that showcase beautiful pieces.

Last edited:
Nice peice Alex and an interesting use of keshi pearls.
I'd like to see it on someone to guage the size.
There are some very creative folks our there.

Rusty - here it is again which should give you an idea of the scale...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/unforth/3303695270/

the clasp kind of gives it away....

This 396.30-carat kunzite gem from Afghanistan adorns the necklace that Paloma Picasso designed in 1986 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Tiffany & Co. Kunzite gemstones are typically shades of violet and pink, caused by trace impurities of manganese. This variety of spodumene was first found in Pala, California, in 1902, and was later named after American gemologist George F. Kunz. The cushion cut kunzite is set in an 18k yellow gold and diamond ribbon motif pendant. The necklace also contains 30 South Sea baroque pearls.

Gift of Tiffany & Co 1989, to the Smithsonian

Art - yes I agree, I am guessing it would have been the juxtapositon of a precision cut gem, with the (un-cut) pearls that the designer was after (bringing a modern look to the 'Sultan' effect)

Good morning Alex
Baroque in shape, but definitly Keshi pearls.
South Sea Keshi that is.
Have a nice day all.

Hi Alex,

It is likely that this contrast/conflict that elevates this piece to "work of Art".

[Art - yes I agree, I am guessing it would have been the juxtapositon of a precision cut gem, with the (un-cut) pearls that the designer was after (bringing a modern look to the 'Sultan' effect)[/QUOTE]

Purchasing Golden South Sea Pearls Online

Purchasing Golden South Sea Pearls Online

I'm new to your forum and I hope you can help me. I'm looking at purchasing golden SS pearl necklace but I'm unsure if I should risk buying pearls on line. I'm not considering buying anything on ebay but what about companies that sell on-line. The prices vary greatly. Would you advise me on the best approach.

You can definitley purchase Pears on line but should always look at the credentials the particular online store has. What are you looking to buy? Do you have a budget? Size preference? All these questions will help find you the perfect strand you are looking for.

When it comes to golden SS pearls, do we descibe the colour of the pearls in terms of golden intensity or by overtones? Is a darker gold better than a intense gold. I like both golds- but not too dark.

Hi Artpearl,

Hope you are well. The more intense the colour of the golden pearls the more desirable it is, but again people have different tastes and all the colours are unique in their own way. You should ensure that all the pieces you view online are the actual pieces. When purchased correctly, there is nothing quite like an elegant strand of Golden Pearls and it is always a show stopper for me! Love them.

We have quite a unique one on our site if you are interested:
http://www.umipearls.com/Golden-South-Sea-Pearl-Necklace-9.50-12.50mm.html

I am confident you will find what you are looking for as you are in the right place with the most reputable companies in the pearling business here on Pearl-Guide.

Back