Looking for a match

sarahbella777

I received this pair of Pearl and gold earrings for my 8th grade graduation in 1998 from my grandmother and they are my go to pair and favorite piece of jewelry. Unfortunately, last Friday night I had too much champagne and ended up losing one of them. I have searched and I think at this point my only solution is to find another pair or somewhere to get it made. Does anyone have any advice or know what kind or Pearl this could be? One jeweler I took it too said it can not likely be remade because the cast is too old? Picture of me wearing them was the night I lost one, and to show actual size on my ear

Attachments

• 082CBA54-A4C3-4577-A0BC-3B8134EBF145.jpeg
    082CBA54-A4C3-4577-A0BC-3B8134EBF145.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • BC1C0FD9-F981-4072-AE9C-00B49A264171.jpeg
    BC1C0FD9-F981-4072-AE9C-00B49A264171.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 3C0F463E-40AE-4D33-AA5C-4697D3F96C66.jpeg
    3C0F463E-40AE-4D33-AA5C-4697D3F96C66.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • A69D3272-8016-435F-B876-F1C8612BF643.jpeg
    A69D3272-8016-435F-B876-F1C8612BF643.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
I recommend you buy a new pair of earrings. You're not going to find a match.

Maybe have the remaining pearl made into a pendant if you still really want to wear it.

The pearl looks like an akoya. It shouldn't be difficult to find a match.

If this pair is your favorite jewelry and a sentimental gift, I'd recommend having a custom jeweler create a matching stud. The cost may be similar to going with something new, and this way you get your go-to back.

I've never worked with this company, but this is the sort of custom work you would probably need - https://www.custommade.com/custom-earrings/

Finding a matching pearl might be doable, but I was concerned about the setting.

I guess I'm not sure if the whole earring was lost, or just the pearl fell out of the setting.

Finding a matching pearl might be doable, but I was concerned about the setting.

I guess I'm not sure if the whole earring was lost, or just the pearl fell out of the setting.
The whole earring. It never came out of the setting the whole time I owned it. They were secured together.

The whole earring. It never came out of the setting the whole time I owned it. They were secured together.
Sorry to hear that.
I do recommend everyone checking their earring nuts and using pliers to softly "press" and have them remain more secure. You can even use your fingers to squeeze the nuts, but some are too small so I prefer small jewelry pliers.

You could consider wearing mis-matched to still use them. Several of us have come to love the look of a pair of earrings not matching at all, especially in terms of color. In the this case it would be the setting too.

Not pearls, but for a long time I have been wearing a marque diamond on a hook in one ear and a bezel emerald post with an emerald drop jacket in the other and love that look.

I never give up...unless you lost it outside! After all, it's SOMEPLACE. My advice, Keep looking! If it is at a place where you can and not a distant friend's home or bar.
No solutions about getting a new one but you might consider Chrysmela Catch earring backings, available on Amazon. They make an earring backing that has a spring ring and won't come off the stud unless you release the catch with your fingernail. I use them on all my valuable pearls and diamonds. They come in 14K yellow, platinum, with typical size as well as wide backings for heavier earrings.
Hope you can find a solution to your loss. I know how heartbreaking that is.

Creating a match might be difficult for a jeweller, but replacing the stud with a bail would be fairly simple and then you could wear the sentimental piece as a pendant.

THEN you could purchase a new pair of studs ☺️

I recommend you buy a new pair of earrings. You're not going to find a match.

Maybe have the remaining pearl made into a pendant if you still really want to wear it.
So sorry you lost your earring.
Agree with BWeaves, treat yourself to a lovely new pair of earrings, there are some beautiful pearls studs around, and have the remaining earring made into a pendant.
I lost one of my favourite earrings and have just had it incorporated into a clasp so I'm still wearing it!

Back