Large Pondslime

Another pondslime fan here, yes they are wearable with anything. Enjoy!

Am resurrecting the thread on pondslimes as they are so intriguing.

I do like my pondslimes and it seems most of the strands I've acquired are a purplish-copper (at times lavender-copper) pondslime. Digging deep into my stash, I uncovered these sweatshirt grey pondslimes that I bought from Inger (Rainbowislandpearls) two years back. Does anyone know, are these au naturel or have these been bleached from a darker (purplish?) colour? I can't seem to find these grey pondslimes these days.

Pics show what I understand to be grey baroque akoyas (Am I right? They aren't high grade but do have a lovely lustre) versus my other CFW grey pondslimes. And the earrings are the said latter pearls with chrome diopside, green tourmalines, songea sapphires, labradorites and topaz.

Am so happy I've photographed these alongside the passionfruit tendrils that have sprouted from the seeds we saved from Bali. Apologies for the kitschy posing but I do love my tropical garden and my pearls and I'm delighted I've 'documented' both.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 45
Adeline, the earrings are exquisite! I would love to see a photo of them being worn...

I think your grey pondslimes are naturally colored, and yes, you are correct that the other group is comprised of grey/blue (again I am sure natural) colored baroque akoyas.

You really do work with exquisite materials, Adeline!

- Karin

Adeine,

What are your findings made of? The earrings and pearls of course at beautiful. So are the gem briolettes.

I have some pondslime pearls so will have to take some photos of them, but not tonight.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://stores.ebay.com/Dawns-Designer-Collections
Natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

Bodecia, Karin and Nerida: Thank y'all. And since you asked, these are vermeil CZ findings and I got these a couple of these from Studiosen on Etsy. Lovely Korean girl who once divulged her products were made in Singapore and ironically, I can never find them here. You can try Dangssupplies as well; a very comprehensive range of findings too.

Back