Lalique collection pearls

massrog

The pearls I purchased from the collection of Marie-Claude Lalique granddaughter of Rene Lalique. They were part of a cache of gems left over from his days as a jewelry designer. I would very much like to find a way to make a pair of earrings out of them but without drilling them so as not to damage the "historical" nature of them. I was thinking of some sort of cage findings but I'm clueless as to where I might find some. They range from 9.5 to 10.4 mm. Any recommendations would be very much welcome!
20231124_232723.jpg
20231124_232745.jpg

massrog, there are quite a few caged pearl pieces on Etsy. Most are for pendants and are not in gold or nicer metals, but maybe it will give you some ideas for having something custom made. Here’s a fancy gold set made by someone in Israel-
IMG_1947.jpeg

Thank you, Jeg! My wife and I were looking at those very ones the other night! I was planning on contacting them to see if they'd make them using our peals as a custom order. I was also considering trying to get some fine chain "nets" made up. I thought I remembered someone on the forum mentioning a source?

Takahashi has a company make these nets for them. I have the pendant size which they had made for me. I’m not sure if they would be a little too big for your pearls, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask if you are interested in this style. The nice thing about this style is that the little gold ball slides up and down so the pearl can be easily removed.
IMG_1945.jpeg

The pearls I purchased from the collection of Marie-Claude Lalique granddaughter of Rene Lalique. They were part of a cache of gems left over from his days as a jewelry designer. I would very much like to find a way to make a pair of earrings out of them but without drilling them so as not to damage the "historical" nature of them. I was thinking of some sort of cage findings but I'm clueless as to where I might find some. They range from 9.5 to 10.4 mm. Any recommendations would be very much welcome!View attachment 467103View attachment 467104
They could be prong set, bezel set, captured in a cage setting

If you’re willing to consider alternative materials/non-traditional methods the pearls could be captured in a netting of silk thread, transparent fishing line or fine, coated steel.

Back