Keishi stud earrings?

Blaire: I had the same thought. The site I stole the pic from had it labeled as Titanium, and the whole time I was downloading it, I was thinking, isn't there a Titanium that blends colors in one piece? I thought it was accomplished by an electro-magnetic process -- zapping the piece with differing frequencies which produce a rainbow effect in one piece. Anyway, it was labeled Titanium. Niobium, could be too.

Valeria you are totally right! The velvet of titanium would blend so BEAUTIFULLY with pearls! I would TOTALLY buy that!

I would buy that too, but I was too shy to say so! The purity of color glowing from the softly textured surface is a perfect foil for a pearl.:)

OK, fess up. Now where did you steal it from?

The deep purple petal earrings are gorgeous! How big are those? They appear quite large?

Large? They cover the lobe of the ear well. I tried to find better pictures all over the Net, and nothing... The rose petal earrings were started by Joel Arthur Rosenthal (JAR) in 2005.

Source of rose picture: a blog

The other from an auction catalog.

Ti is indeed anodized to get these colors, and with a fairly good idea what it takes to control a precise shade, I wouldn't try it at home. A few jewelers work with the material though. Somehow! [Note to self: Should be asking one on this thread!]

Those Rose Petal earrings with pearl accents are perfect! That is exactly what they needed Valeria! I bet you could make something similar by dipping actual petals in a gold or silver dip... like the leaves here: http://www.trishastemptations.com/g_lorn_jpg/300_md.jpg

You could oxidize the gold and end up with an iridescent surface...

Ooohhh- an earring and pendant set! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, obviously things could be done in similar ways from traditional metals, but ... those petals seem to bring everything together just so: the light an softly textured metal in oh-so-delicate colors, the naturalistic shape and size, the exotic quality of the material. :cool: Gold petals would be ... predictable by comparison. And way heavier too.

Wouldn't dream to knock off those. But Ti & Pearls are definitely on my mind. :cool:

vbbnmvnmbvnbv1go4.png

The website says these are aluminum. Wow! How does he do that???

Interesting that these are the most affordable at $1,000.00 a pair.:eek:

I'm signing off to go read all the websites Valeria posted today!

Cheers!:)

Aluminium? Ha! Good to know afte all the Ti talk... At least it is still an unusual metal, whichever it is.

Speaking of gold versions...

mgwz1.png

Could imagine some different, better pearls in these, although th shape fits pretty well. Perhaps rows of Pipi or golden drops :rolleyes:

Valeria101 said:
Aluminium? Ha! Good to know afte all the Ti talk... At least it is still an unusual metal, whichever it is.

Speaking of gold versions...

mgwz1.png

Could imagine some different, better pearls in these, although th shape fits pretty well. Perhaps rows of Pipi or golden drops :rolleyes:

Or maybe some nice wrinkly kasumis nestled in there!

GemGeek said:
Or maybe some nice wrinkly kasumis nestled ...

Hm... that sounds very, very right!

While you were posting, I went on 'trying' a few things too - and also thought of wrinkly pearls.

keshileafko4.png

Your idea sounds better.

Can we stop playing with virtual earrings and get me the real thing? :) (Ok, improving my tone.)

Ladies, wonderful designing! I'm with Valeria. I would walk right on by the gold leaves and not skip a beat. The color and texture of the purple, ahhhhhh, better than ... (fill in the blank).

My My! Naughty Panda!

I'd like those gold earrings if they had some wrinkly bronzy pink kasumis, or some baroque cortez pearls. I think they need some color and texture to overcome the blandness of the gold.

I can't believe I'm calling precious metal bland!;)

Josh: Can you favor us with a pic of your keishis suitable for morphing?

knotty panda said:
Can we stop playing with virtual earrings and get me the real thing?

Hm... Maybe I should open shop then? :eek: LOL!

This 'interactive design' thing is quite a bit of fun.

knotty panda said:
Josh: Can you favor us with a pic of your keishis suitable for morphing?

YES. PLEASE!

Where 'suitable for morphing' would mean pearls spread out on white background, spaced out just enough so that they do not touch each other. Including a reference of size: say, a square of 1cm sides drawn on said white background. Hard?

Large pictures preferred. Feel free to e-mail them ... and make my day ! :)

Back