Keishi stud earrings?

Hi Josh,

I prefer dangles because I talk a lot on the phone in my work and they are more comfortable. I had golden south sea and tahitian stud earrings and they kept coming off the posts due to the pressure of the phone. (So I made them into dangles!)

Plus I really like dangles. Studs are cheaper for you, though.;)

Cheers,
Blaire

I'm afraid I agree with Blaire - dangle earrings are preferable to posts. I have a pair of black keishi drop earrings that I got from Care Ehret and just love - I get lots of favorable comments on them.

Attachments

• keishi earrings.jpg
    keishi earrings.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 40
Hi Josh,

IMO studs might be a bit small, although I hear "on the ear" styles are coming back, and perhaps yours are in the 8-10mm range? I think the dangles show the keishi's beautifully, and can be shaded colors with multiple pearls, definitely a great look! Love those earrings Boo!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Blaire, Boo, Pattye
Thanks for that feedback. The women here in Tahiti (men too, come to think of it) sometimes wear studs of roundish keishi around 4 to 6mm. Another look is a lighter color flat, cornflake-esque kind of keishi in much large diameters. Sounds like it may not necessarily fly on the American market though...

Keishi stud earrings

Keishi stud earrings

Hi Josh,

Have a look at:
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435 post 14

The pearls here are baroque but you can combine keishis with keishis and with different gems as well. It all depends on the imagination of the designer.......

Good luck ! I'm sure you'll find a nice solution for keishi stud earrings.

Hi Nora,
Those are pretty cool. Our concern is to draw value out of the product. Keishi belly button rings anyone? The teenagers here love them. Keishi eyebrow rings probably too punk I'm guessing. Hmmm. I'm thinking a new thread here.

Josh said:
... studs of roundish keishi around 4 to 6mm. Another look is a lighter color flat, cornflake-esque kind of keishi in much large diameters. ...

Second kind sounds great. I hope others will find it more straightforward to imagine how good these earrings look on from just looking at them :eek: It took trying them on to hook me. ;)

4-6mm studs ? Why not. These guys are abut shape and color more then size. I can imagine the smallest paired light & dark (a recurring theme for pearls & I). You can't rally do that with larger pearls and end up with a subtle piece, can you... so here's plenty for the smaller and unusual. :cool:

Fingers crossed for the launch!

PS. No chance for (surgical) steel or Ti findings for the earrings, right? :(

I love both pearl studs and dangles. I would definitely wear keishi Tahitian studs in the 4-6mm sizes! Let me know if you decide to go forward with these :) I really hope you do! Keishis are my favourite...yummy Tahitians!

Last edited by a moderator:
I too love both studs and dangles.
And I adore studs with dangles beneath....
Especially keishis. And, like WeeGem, I adore Tahitian keishis.
I'd love to have some keishi stud earrings.
Keep us posted please Josh.

Ti findings. My initial reaction was hey! Way cool! Color and metal mix -- why haven't I seen that and why didn't I think of that! Then I sat real still and the feeling passed. It just seems irreverent to mix pearls with what I would consider passing-fad metals. Although this little voice in my head says "untapped market." I think a PM is in order.

knotty panda said:
Ti findings. ... It just seems irreverent to mix pearls with what I would consider passing-fad metals.

Haven't thought of that. Those (Ti and Steel) are particularly friendly to my ears. If earrings come with gold studs I have to take them out - pain in the arse for pearls when it comes to the common commercial combination of brittle studs and industrial-strength epoxy glue ! :eek:

Solution? A small stash of Ti snap pegs - jewelers don't bother stocking such things either. Too bad.

Certainly, I have a thing for Ti; blame those rose petal earrings for it...

vbbnmvnmbvnbv1go4.png

But, wouldn't care too much what color and texture the studs of my earrings are, if my ears couldn't tell the difference.

You answered my question before I asked it. What's the point if you don't see the metal? :)

Keishi belly button rings anyone?

well you might be surpised, I just had a request for a pear belly button ring, from a guy no less ;)

I think I speak for many of us when I shudder and say "OOOOOOOO!"

I prefer dangly earrings as well but wear studs sometimes.

Valeria101 said:
Certainly, I have a thing for Ti; blame those rose petal earrings for it...

vbbnmvnmbvnbv1go4.png

I had to guess you guys meant Titanium until I saw the photo and was sure. Unexpected abbreviations - meh!:p

I could see these metal petals with round pearls set in the center - yum.;)

Iridescent pearls mixed with iridescent metals. Too much? Want more? You decide. Here's a sample. Maybe Valeria can morph something into being. :)

Attachments

• red panda rainbow.jpg
    red panda rainbow.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 38
I've worn Holly Yashi earrings for years, so I'm familiar with Niobium, or should I say Nb?. Now that I think about it, does Titanium come in colors, too? Is the chain Titanium? Hmmm...

I think rainbow metal doesn't need further adornment, unless it's white diamonds.:p

knotty panda said:
Iridescent pearls mixed with iridescent metals.

What a dream! Too much? No.... anodized, matte Ti is half way between velvet (to the touch, and by weight) and metal, as far as I am concerned. Admittedly, the fan club that might agree with this statement ain't that big.

Too much? Easily... Wouldn't add a dash to the ones below: already quite a bit going on: intense color, layered shape, surreal texture...

jararcadesy0.jpg

The rose petals seem to thirst for pearl or rose diamond dew ;) Would even do that just on one of the pair, for good measure. The result looks PUNK to me - the Westwood kind of Punk! :D

sprucedn8.png

Black keshi version in next post. Back to work...

Back