I've been stringing...

lizard

Earlier this year, I bought a stringing kit from Pattye's shop. I didn't get around to using it until my favourite metallics broke recently, so I sat down one day and had go. It was surprisingly easy and satisfying, so my next project was to order two strands from Kongs pearl on Etsy. I've strung the first of them and am very pleased - so here are the pics to show off!

Good job. Those look fantastic. It's adicting, isn't it?

Those lustrous pinks look wonderful on you. Nice job knotting too!

Totally addictive! I confess to having already ordered 5 more clasps and 2 more strands....

And, I've been thinking about trying to make some earrings...

Lizard,

Congratulations on a beautiful necklace, well done with the knotting; you caught on fast! (Not the case with me, lol, I was slow but persistent) Glad the Beader's Secret thread worked smoothly for you! What size are the pearls? They are a pretty contrast with the dark blouse and pick up the pastel tones.

Wow lizard !! I am seriously impressed !!

Thanks Katbran - I've been short-sighted since I was 6 years old... made me frustrated as a kid, but in my 50's, I love that my eyesight is so helpful for close-up work!

That is a super knotting job!

I love seeing more and more people stringing their own pearls. It gives you such freedom...being able to redo them anytime and any way you like. And it's much less expensive than having them professionally strung.

They're beautiful! And a beautiful job of knotting! I've been wire wrapping, so am out of practice at knotting. I've got 80" of blue akoyas and 16" of ivory akoyas to play with but din't know what I want to do with them. So far I've just fondled them.

Great stringing lizard. It's so great to be able to restring your own pearls, isn't it? Also it saves a lot of money and you can change it anytime, making it shorter, longer adding gems or whatever. Very pretty pearls.

Back