Is anyone familiar with Aphrodita_8 (Aphrodita's Pears Gems Jewellry) on Ebay?

Diane

I came across some of her listings today and they are quite interesting.

For example"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-WHITE-RA...762?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec03b811a

She also had a lovely 16 inch flameball necklace that I was looking at:

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...03337924&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

She has a 100% feedback, but as we all know, that means little. I was looking for some feedback from this forum as to whether they looked authentic and worth further investigation.

Thank you all!

I don't know the seller but these pearls look very like the south sea-ish ones which I got last year in HK and I was selling full strands of rounds at ?100 (out of stock now though) p 10.7-12.4 metallic white rounds 3140.jpg

thank you for the response! I saw that many people viewed the posting, but no one commented! I do think her items look lovely and genuine but I am not an expert by any means. I appreciate the help.

Diane,

I used to check out her listings now and then, but never bought anything that I recall. I do think she is selling genuine pearls. Whether they are from the source she mentions is difficult to tell.

The 2 strands she is calling "flameball" are not flameballs at all; they have no flameball tail. They are bead nucleated freshwaters from China.

Some other sellers on ebay that are trustworthy and might be good to use for quality and price comparisons are Rainbow Island Pearls and Ehret Design Gallery.

Wendy, your pearls look lovely, no wonder they are all gone! Great price, too!

Thanks Pattye. I did wonder about the lack of 'tail'. I did not think the price on that strand was in the right range, and if they are nucleated freshwater, then forget it. the lack of source is one of the reasons I posted here. Some of her designs are quite lovely, but the source and type of the pearls, while lovely, does make a difference when you are looking at value for price.

I have already fallen in love with Ehret design gallery and purchased a pearl from her. She has gorgeous pearls and designs. i will check out Rainbow Island too.

I of course am looking at all the reputable sellers that comment on here too, but love to see what is out there that is a bit different! Thanks again to you both.

The name rang a bell and checking my eBay history I see I bought from this seller a number of year ago, and left good feedback...but I am not sure what I bought!

I purchased from her in the past, though I think I went for gems, not pearls. The gems were good quality.

Back