I think these are natural pearls-need help

I am sorry I did not check back on this thread. thanks for the reminder.

So now you have a strong indication the pearls are natural. You want to sell? Are you thinking eBay or an auction house?

I am not sure if I will sell it. It depend on the valuation of it.
Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Deepak Saxena

It's a lovely necklace, so I'm sure someone in your family won't mind borrowing it to wear, it if you decide to keep it. :)

Dear Gem Geek,
I want to thank you for your advise as on the basis of it I have send the pearls to GIA Bangkok and got the positive report.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Deepak Saxena

hi!
i need experts help regarding x-ray
i have seen 2 pearls and the person to whom it belong claims that these are Basra pearls
the weight is approx 25 ct each
when i saw the x-ray there is no clear bead inside but i can see a line on the top... it is not a proper bead but a very small line showing curvy shape and den it cant be seen at any other place in the x-ray
don't have knowledge about pearls so want a expert advice that is it possible in case of natural pearl?
i have got the x-ray and i know the question is very difficult without picture but m not able to take a clear picture of x-ray
i will surely try to attach one. but is it possible???
thank you for your time...

Without a photo, I can't really tell you anything. They might be real and they might not. I appreciate your description. :)

pics of pearls

pics of pearls

photo 2(2).jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3(1).jpgphoto 3(2).jpgphoto 4(1).jpgGrey freshwater pearl earrings on sterling silver

these are few pictures of the pearls
quantity -2
weight = 4.8 gm and 5.2 gm

hello everyone, i am new to this forum and have been learning so much from all of you. I was inclined to respond to this post, seeing I am not the only one who has a bit of trouble explaining the true meaning of Natural in the pearl world. I cannot tell you how many customers are confused about natural vs. cultured pearls, most of the time they take cultured pearls to mean "fake", i usually go to great lengths to explain this is not the case, so i will definitely have to keep it simple next time and say "natural " means wild :)

Back