Hong Kong show attendee information help

Lusterlovr

Hi all!

I'm going to be in Hong Kong around the time of the HK Diamond, Gem and Pearl show in March. While looking at their site, they do bot seem to have 'trade requirements' for attendees like most of the other trade shows in the USA. I'm just starting out with a small retail outlet and don't yet have the references or large purchase invoices required by the shows. I know that may of you have been to the HK show, do they require any references? I really want to attend.

Thanks!

Just bring a business card and your passport and you should be fine. You will have to fill out an application and a questionnaire. And because I can't stress it enough, bring a business card. In fact, bring a lot. They won't let you in if you don't have a card that matches your business name.

If you are looking for finished goods, the Wanchai show starts on the 4th. If you are looking for materials like loose pearls and unstrung hanks, you want the show and Asia World Expo that starts on the 2nd.

It might be worth still trying to apply online - you might be lucky and they will get it done before you go . Once I went in March and they were open the day before for registration I went with my printout of my information (I was too late to get a badge sent out as it was last minute) and stood in line with about 150 people..went pretty fast tho..maybe 1/2 hour . The next day the show opened and I think most of Northern China was standing in line ... be early.

If you dont' get the approval online in time then Just to be safe I'd take a copy of everything, business name registration, sales tax license, just stuff to show you are a business and as Jeremy said..Passport and business cards.

Comfortable shoes...it's huge. Have US dollars ... many places don't take cards. The train goes out there...look at the show info site. There are also buses that drop back to Kowloon. (the raw materials show is out by the airport) .

And Jeremy mentioned the business cards and its a very good thing to remember...take lots...everyone asks for one. I ran out on my first trip.

And, make a list . It's huge and crowded and masses of stuff .. it's easy to get sidetracked.

Also, there is a findings area.... you can get things in little packs of 4 or 6 . Online they want you to buy 100 lol But its a good way to try out a few different findings to see what you like. But be ready...they can be really crowded..might have to elbow your way to the goods lol

The documentation and getting in is crucial of course, but let me reiterate another point Katbran made that's nearly as important:

Comfortable Shoes.

I once (once!) made the mistake of wearing new shoes to an industry show. There is no misery worse: The blisters of day 1 will be the festering sores of day 3. Don't do it to yourself!

At risk of 'touting' I'll mention the word "Rockport"... But regardless, bring comfortable, well-broken-in shoes.

Thank you everyone for your time and advice! This clears up a lot of confusion. I'm excited to get this chance and want to make the best out of it. Great forum! :)

Back