Holiday Wish List

Thank you Pearl Dreams! It was worth the wait!

Thank you everyone for your nice words!

Sanippy, your new earrings from Ocean Cove are lovely...they’re going in my bucket list for the new year!

BN, those hoops look beautiful on you, so much so that last night I took the plunge and order three for Christmas presents....well one for me and two for presents!

Last edited:
JP: Hehehehe, I like the way you think. Although, that would make it look a lot like my Everything Bagel rope, and I don't need two. But I'll keep it in mind. I did ask Erin at PP, and she said the rosey baroque strands had the best luster. They had some more silver to ivory strands, but they weren't as shiny. Anyway, I think I rather like that it doesn't match. It makes my pearl stash more interesting.

Lilpearl: I love your ring. For some reason, it reminds me of a dragon's egg that's trying to hatch. I love it.

Pattye: That is so interesting. I really like it. How on earth did you get the chain through the pearl?

Ennui: Please post yours when you get them. TWINSIES!!!

Thank you BWeaves! And you’re right about the shape! Now I won’t be able to look at it withouth thinking about Daenery’s eggs in Game of Thrones! Btw, your baroque necklace is beautiful and so shiny!

Lilpearl that is a very gorgeous tara WSSP ring! The size looks perfect on your hand! May I ask which vendor carries?

Bweaves love that 'faux' fiji pearl necklace!

-8mm

Thank you 8mm! Some of Tara’s jewelry retails at Bloomies but they also have an online store.

Fiji Strand

Fiji Strand

Fiji Pearls
My Fiji strand of pearls came late last night bought during the PP flash sale. I had been waiting impatiently for the delivery all day. The anticipation of popping the box open to see the pearls had been killing me. I know that often pearls do not show their true colors sitting quietly in the presentation box on a black background and at night, to boot. However, after I finally opened the padded envelope (almost using my teeth), and opened the box, my jaw dropped at the Fiji strand within. I’ve actually never seen Fiji pearls up close and personal. This strand was described as having vibrant iridescent peacock, cherry, gold and bronze overtones. The pearls almost glow with metallic luster.

Attachments

• fiji-Pearls (1).jpg
    fiji-Pearls (1).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Fijibox.jpg
    Fijibox.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Fiji.jpg
    Fiji.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Fijineck.jpg
    Fijineck.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Fijineck2.jpg
    Fijineck2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 32
Wow Luvglitz, those Fijis look so good on you--even better than the PP photos. The luster and colors are amazing. I'm in love with them. Congratulations!
J.

Thank you Fidgetnator. I’m blonde and blue eyed so the golden/bronze shades work well on me. Some of the pearls are plum rather then bronze as they showed up on the photos.

I think the earrings are lovely. Glad to know I'm not the only one who couldn't resist spinning the wheel!

Is it that you don't normally wear large hoops? It's a different look than you normally wear. Maybe if you tried them with white pearl necklaces? (although I love those Ts!!!).

Yes exactly, I think I’m not used to the look of large hoops. Yeah, I tried them with white and that was better and you know, I think I like them best with no necklace at all (on me).

I am not a wearer of large hoops, although I always love how they look on others. I do like the look of these.

I really like hoop earrings but it’s been awhile since I’ve worn them and those were very different from these: thin silver or gold ones. These are gorgeous earrings! Sometimes I love a piece right away and other times I have to warm up to them. I think this is one of those times.

Luvglitz those Fiji’s are GORGEOUS on you!! My jaw dropped when I saw them. Don’t hesitate to share more pictures if you are so inclined!

Wow, luvglitz..those are spectacular. The pictures of them on you are awesome. Jealous!

Luvglitz, the PP pictures didn’t really do muchjustice to your Fiji strand, it’s taken my breath away...they’re absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you Katbran, BN, Lilpearl and Lary007. I’m hoping someone else on PG bought one of the strands of Fiji pearls and will share pictures, too.

Hi, everyone.

I've been inactive on Pearl-Guide for most of the year, partly because I didn't want my pearl shopping to escalate. Apparently, that strategy doesn't work.

Like me, Douglas joined LinkedIn, where he displayed his new mabe necklace. I snapped it up before any of you ladies could see it.

IMG_5917.jpg

Then just when I thought my holiday shopping was done, I found this ring. Goodbye, resolve!

attachment.php

Pearly holidays to you all!

Last edited:
Those Fijis, those SOCs, that ring!

Wow, they're all amazing.

Luvglitz, your Fiji strand looks amazing on you! The pearls just glow and they look huge. What size are the pearls?

I bought a Fiji strand, but did not get any pictures before DH sequestered it for Christmas. I would post the PP pics, but I don't know how to save them since they changed the website.

Cyndayco, nice to "see" you. That mabe necklace is amazing! The ring is also beautiful, both the band and the glowing pearl. Who makes the ring?

The ring is also beautiful, both the band and the glowing pearl. Who makes the ring?

Kay, I don't know. I bought it from a department store in my city which has a section devoted to pearl jewellery. They have a good selection of pieces with Australian SSPs.

Wearing the ring makes me feel like a princess!

Luvglitz, your Fiji strand looks amazing on you! The pearls just glow and they look huge. What size are the pearls?

I bought a Fiji strand, but did not get any pictures before DH sequestered it for Christmas. I would post the PP pics, but I don't know how to save them since they changed the website.

KaySD. Thank you for your compliments. The pearls in my Fiji strand are 9.3 - 13.1. I always go for the biggest pearls!
Please, please post pictures after Santa arrives and the pearls are yours to wear.

Back