hippopus pearl

parfaitelumiere

Hello here is a spondylus pearl
8mm diameter and 7mm height, button shape.
the front
IMG_6869.jpg
back
IMG_6870.jpg
and the flame pattern close-up, not very strong but structure is very interesting.
IMG_6868.jpg

Last edited:
The "texture" of the first one is quite different. I absolutely love the second one. That flame is gorgeous.

IMG_7212.jpg

bottom right and center : cultured akoya
bottom right, natural saltwater
lower strand cultured akoya and natural saltwater (it's a assembly I made, to enhance a bit a very good akoya, adding lenght, and some irregular finish)
higher strand, natural saltwater
top box, natural american freshwater, hammer oyster, spondylus sinensis, cassis cornuta, hippopus hippopus, trisidos semitorla, haliotis iris, pinna-atrina, from source, best bet is atrina vexillum, one has strong red fluorescence, maybe pteria sp(?!), were sold as pteria pearls.
clasps, from left to right, victorian white gold and old mine cut diamonds(one stone is a spinel), french 18K gold with pear and swiss cut diamonds, french platinum with old mine cut diamonds and emerald, unknown white gold with old european cut and rose diamonds, french yellow gold, and french white gold with swiss cut diamonds.

If someone has interest here, I will make pictures of my necklace boxes and share them, to show the design variation; it's very interesting (late XIX to 1950 or so)

Last edited:
I'd love to see the naturals closer up. And the clasps.

Beautiful collection!!

I have to take shots before.
The clasp with two pear-shaped diamonds is the one for the natural pearl thread, just have to find the right needles to make it.
I received big eye needles, but thickless is 0,5mm too large, I need 0,3mm, I may have to enlarge all the holes too, so the holes will all have same size, to fit perfectly with nice knots.

What a wonderful collection! Thanks for sharing your works in progress photo!

Back