Help Please - Try to make a pair of earring (stud) with loose pearls

White gold please, there are more options in bella findings. Thank you PD

I searched for "post earring with cup and peg" and that brought up listings, but I don;t see any cups larger than 4mm.

What metal are you looking for? White gold, yellow gold, silver?

If you look at that page I linked, there are some items shown in both white and yellow gold. When you click on any item, the listing comes up with a drop down menu which lets you choose the size cup you want.

I see one there that has cups in large sizes, up to 10mm.
https://www.bellafindings.com/3721/c-14k-heavy-weight-pearl-earrings-26302-14k.html

A heavy weight finding is good for large pearls. It won't tend to sag in your ear as much, either.
I do not know what size cup you need for the size of your pearls, however.

Note that this does not come with ear nuts (earring backs). Those have to be ordered separately.
Heavy weight findings have a thicker post and require ear nuts that have a hole large enough for the post to pass through. I'm sure Bella has ear nuts that would fit a heavy finding. I'll have a look.

Last edited:
Hello PD, yea, the one you listed below is the one I was looking at Bellas finding.
Then I got overwhelmed by the ear nuts, the post thickness and the ear nuts hole size...
My goodness, I really wish I can buy finished studs now. But my loose pearls are already shipped from the seller.
Hope everything works and I'll certainly email Bellas.
They do have a video shows how to pick the backings. But for a newbie, I totally have no clue what is he talking about...

If you look at that page I linked, there are some items shown in both white and yellow gold. When you click on any item, the listing comes up with a drop down menu which lets you choose the size cup you want.

I see one there that has cups in large sizes, up to 10mm.
https://www.bellafindings.com/3721/c-14k-heavy-weight-pearl-earrings-26302-14k.html

A heavy weight finding is good for large pearls. It won't tend to sag in your ear as much, either.
I do not know what size cup you need for the size of your pearls, however.

Note that this does not come with ear nuts (earring backs). Those have to be ordered separately.
Heavy weight findings have a thicker post and require ear nuts that have a hole large enough for the post to pass through. I'm sure Bella has ear nuts that would fit a heavy finding. I'll have a look.

I've run out of ideas other than to call Bella findings, or email them. Ask them what cup size is best for a 12mm pearl and which ear nut to buy for the heavy duty post.

Oh my!!!! Thank you JP:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I'll buy the set for sure!

These work well together: https://www.bellafindings.com/26302/14ky-7mm-cup-heavy-weight-pearl-stud-earring.html and: https://www.bellafindings.com/10182/14ky-9.0x0.90mm-hole-jumbo-friction-earring-earnut.html

I've made several pairs of studs using this combo...hope this helps! BTW, because this is a stud style, it really doesn't matter what color metal you decide to use since it will not be visible. I opted for yellow gold, but both are also available in white gold.

JerseyPearl, your detailed posts have been very generous to Minasan, and also to many of us, who have found ourselves in the same state of questions among the bewildering array of findings ... THANKS!

Sorry to dig up the thread, but does anyone know a reliable place to get some findings for 9mm pearls in Europe? The posts I bought while in the US (but never wore until yesterday) snapped right off one of them. The post was too delicate for my earring backs, it appears.

does anyone know a reliable place to get some findings for 9mm pearls in Europe?
Well, in Europe the only reliable one I know (i.e. used) is cooksongold, but they have such limited selection of pearl findings that I gave up and kept ordering from the States :D if I remember it right, selectedfindings have flat-rate 6 USD shipping if you do not plan to order much (because bellafindings ship for 26 USD only).

Back