Help! Pearl value?

miadonner95

Hi Everyone! I just found these long lost pearls my grandmother left to me when she passed away, and I'd really love to know their value if possible. Each of the pictures has a U.S. Dime for size comparison. The only thing I know about them is that they are atleast 15 years old because that's when I received them. Thanks for your help in advance!
-Mia :) IMG_2566.jpgIMG_2568.jpgIMG_2569.jpgIMG_2571.jpg

Wondering about the value of these pearls?

Wondering about the value of these pearls?

They do feel gritty across my teeth. I only know for sure that they are atleast 15 years old because that's as long as I've had them in my possession. The clasp on the second necklace says Monet on the back, and both the first and second say PAT.
both also have flower and hearts designs on the clasps. The third just has a small hook clasp with no markings.
IMG_2572.jpgIMG_2574.jpg
IMG_2575.jpgIMG_2577.jpg
IMG_2579.jpgIMG_2580.jpg

I could be wrong, but here's my initial impression.

The two brooches look a lot like the costume jewelry sold by 1928 Jewelry Company. They made fake vintage looking jewelry.

The Monet necklace is both fake gold and fake pearls.

The "PAT" refers to "patent pending" and was used on Trifari clasps. Like Monet, these would be fake gold and fake pearls.

The pearls in the necklaces are all exactly the same size and shape and have no overtones, so since the clasps are costume jewelry, I'm guessing the pearls are, too.

Now, I could be completely wrong, but from your photos, they look like costume jewelry I owned before I bought the real stuff.

Are there any markings inside the ring? Do you know if it is white gold or silver? It looks like it could be a real akoya pearl.

That said, Monet and Trifari make very nice quality faux jewelry. I have some Richelieu fake pearls from my grandmother from the 1920s or 30s, and wear them for sentimental reasons. So, if you like the pearls and have fond memories of your grandmother, wear them and enjoy them. However, they are only worth about $10-15 dollars if you want to sell them (I did a quick look on Etsy and Ebay). Your best bet would be to offer them to a vintage clothing store.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the effort you put into sharing these photos. I enjoy wearing ropes of imitation pearls. If you don't want them someone will. :)

Back