Furrow Pearls - Would you buy these?

sm84

Just wanted to get the more experienced pearl people's thoughts on these "furrow pearls" also known as "Chinese kashumi."

l84.jpg
l86.jpg

l88.jpg

This is from e-bay and they'd be shipped from China. If you were to buy them, how much would you pay for them or are they too low of a quality?

I like the golden/ pink/ platinum colors and am not expecting all of the metalic coloring like the necklaces that go for $1000s.

Just want to know people's thoughts so I don't waste my money. Thanks!

I saw the completed listing on eBay. For under $90 including shipping, you'll have a strand you clearly like and feel happy with. Enjoy them!

I don't buy this type of pearl myself, but I don't think you overpaid.

Well, it depends on what you actually get. That is not a photo of the strand you will receive and it is probably one of the best strands.
Also the size you will receive will be smaller than the ad says. Here is a quote from the actual seller of this strand
Pearls precise diameter size 10.5-12.5mm (Normally says approx 11-13mm )

They actually admit it, which is a great improvement over many others.

They're also called "Chinese Kasumi Pearls" . I do happen to love the wrinkled skins. They make for a lot more iridescence than normal pearls have.

That is a lower than average price. And there may be a reason for that.

Whoops, sorry about the typo - Kasumi. I'll have to see how they are when they come in. They have a good return policy that includes the shipping fees in the refund. My only concern is that they made their feedback private so I can't view the picture of the items that have previously sold to see if they are reusing the pictures.

When it arrives I'll try to take some pics of the actual strand to compare.

They certainly look pretty, if you get some that look like the photo then you've probably done ok. The prices certainly vary alot on these - might be my imagination but they seem to have dropped a bit in price? I do hope they are just like the photo! Good luck, and do please post photos when you get them, even if you are sending them back. I've looked at his stuff before, it always seems pretty nice.

I purchesed from them and received exactly what was shown in the photo and the same size.
It goes without saying that the more you pay them, the better the quality you receive. Overall, I have had no problems or complains dealing with them.

If you want to check the feedback of an eBay seller, go to toolhaus.org. You'll see a complete list of issues and be able to decide for yourself how you feel about a particular seller.

- Karin

PS
The pearls look lovely!

If you want to check the feedback of an eBay seller, go to toolhaus.org. You'll see a complete list of issues and be able to decide for yourself how you feel about a particular seller.

- Karin

PS
The pearls look lovely!

My immeidate reaction was no, I wouldn't buy those pearls. I think (sorry) they look cheap - maybe you don't mind? They appear superficially shiny, without depth. To me they seem brash and showy. This is all just my personal taste. I don't want to wear pearls that look like sweets you could pop in your mouth for a quick sugary burst and then disolves into nothing much. I was SUBSTANCE!! :-D

I had a look at the listings from this seller, who has been selling just a few items sporadically for years. The pearls may even be the ones in the pic. The prices seem very good, knowing wholesale for these kasumi-ish pearls. It depends on the quality when they arrive.
You may have a great bargain on its way to you and I am looking forward to getting stuck in to bags and bags of these in HK next month

As a Kasumi (Kasumi-like)pearl addict; I would buy these...The metallic lustre is sensational...That said; I would be prepared to send back 'just in case' they looked nothing like these.
I bought 5 stunners; peachy champagne high metallic lustre off ETSY and they are breathtaking....

Back